IGNORED

Richie Smallwood

Uncle Albert

I wonder if SC realises that maybe Elliot and even pack aren't quite good enough for that holding role. Also with gillett, we extended the loan as there wasn't much available and we need the numbers but I don't think we will keep him beyond this season.

Don't know anything about Smallwood but apparently been around the first team on a regular basis and boro fans would rather he stay. Maybe he could do a job for us if we got him.

I wonder if SC realises that maybe Elliot and even pack aren't quite good enough for that holding role. Also with gillett, we extended the loan as there wasn't much available and we need the numbers but I don't think we will keep him beyond this season.

Don't know anything about Smallwood but apparently been around the first team on a regular basis and boro fans would rather he stay. Maybe he could do a job for us if we got him.

The Elliott we first signed him was peferct for the role.

The Elliott we first signed him was peferct for the role.

I never recall Elliot being a 'holding midfielder'. In that first season he rampaged through the midfield, tackling anything that moved and driving the team forward. 'Holding midfielder' implies a certain tactical discipline that Marv's never had. I would give body parts to have the Marvin Elliot of that season back in our midfield, but he's not the answer to the conundrum that SC is currently pondering

Anyone remember the footballer John Thomas? He played for a lot of clubs between the mid 70s to mid 90s. He always got a cheer when his name was mentioned.

If only he was younger and we could sign him and Dick Smallwood. What a combination

Mike Hunt!!! I used to work in a jobcentre, where said fellow signed on,  and one of the ladies called his name out loudly several times. I kid you not, Still makes me chuckle!!!!!

Yes. And who can forget the "clever" bastards in the 80s that called the club one Saturday and asked for an announcement to be made for the same chap to report to the ticket office, for some spurious reason. Not big, not clever.

Archived