IGNORED

Dolly To Rally Our Troops - Vera Lyn Style (With A Twist)?

In our hour of need, as we face a Churchillian mountain to climb, I wish to start a campaign to persuade our very own disco diva Dolly (nee Kelly) Marie to bring back the Rockin' Robins glory days, and agree to perform her 1980 disco pop smash hit sensation, "Feels Like I'm In Love" just one more time. On the pitch before kick-off. To inspire the boys, put the wind up the opposition, and put a bit of lead in the old pencils of us City boys and girls, so we can find our voice and Back The Boys To Victory.

Who will join me in this and call for Dolly to don her pvc hot pants and shake her tush one more time, for the boys?

Actually, watching the video again, as I do most weeks, it is plain to see Dolly wearing a looser fitting black onesie, or a cat-suit, as I believe they were known back then. It's the two energetic dancers either side of her, making up an unbeatable "three," in the pvc gear. Nice. Funny how the mind plays tricks on you like that. Anyhow, we'll need a couple of dancers to get out there with her. So, any volunteers? Or any suggestions as to who can still dance like the boys in the video (I'm guessing BigTone might not be able to touch his toes anymore, or Aizoon, or a few others on here?)

Who's up for this? And will Dolly come on here and agree to this. For the team! Otherwise, all we got to give us hope is Cotts and his Tactical Genius......

In our hour of need, as we face a Churchillian mountain to climb, I wish to start a campaign to persuade our very own disco diva Dolly (nee Kelly) Marie to bring back the Rockin' Robins glory days, and agree to perform her 1980 disco pop smash hit sensation, "Feels Like I'm In Love" just one more time. On the pitch before kick-off. To inspire the boys, put the wind up the opposition, and put a bit of lead in the old pencils of us City boys and girls, so we can find our voice and Back The Boys To Victory.

Who will join me in this and call for Dolly to don her pvc hot pants and shake her tush one more time, for the boys?

Actually, watching the video again, as I do most weeks, it is plain to see Dolly wearing a looser fitting black onesie, or a cat-suit, as I believe they were known back then. It's the two energetic dancers either side of her, making up an unbeatable "three," in the pvc gear. Nice. Funny how the mind plays tricks on you like that. Anyhow, we'll need a couple of dancers to get out there with her. So, any volunteers? Or any suggestions as to who can still dance like the boys in the video (I'm guessing BigTone might not be able to touch his toes anymore, or Aizoon, or a few others on here?)

Who's up for this? And will Dolly come on here and agree to this. For the team! Otherwise, all we got to give us hope is Cotts and his Tactical Genius......

Toes ? I have toes ?

It's a bit chilly at the moment, so I would suggest that we allow Dolly to don a black and red PVC cat-suit. This should tip the scales in persuading her to perform, as she is a well known cat lover.

I'm envisaging Kid in the Riot and Kingswood Mask as being nailed on to provide the titilation for the female fans. Being hard men, I think that they could rock the pvc shorts, even in minus temperatures.

It's a bit chilly at the moment, so I would suggest that we allow Dolly to don a black and red PVC cat-suit. This should tip the scales in persuading her to perform, as she is a well known cat lover.

I'm envisaging Kid in the Riot and Kingswood Mask as being nailed on to provide the titilation for the female fans. Being hard men, I think that they could rock the pvc shorts, even in minus temperatures.

Thank you, "In The." I've made a note of your recommendation. Don't be shy in putting yourself forward, mind.

We'll see what Dolly says. There will be auditions. You'll have to arrive dressed and ready, gold lame cat-suit. Work be alright with that?

I fear that gold may divert attention from the true star, perhaps top less from the waist up (to show off my one pack and pecs sculpted by the very best in pies) with combat shorts and jack boots, with camouflage paint on the face

Lesmond, have you been at that dusty old Jeraboam of Harvey's Bristol Cream in the (ahem) Trophy Cabinet (just behind the Anglo-Scottish Cup) again?

Not sure if I like the sound of this Lesmond character.

Have Q and Bung somehow amalgamated? 

Sounds like the mingling from hell. 

Lesmond, have you been at that dusty old Jeraboam of Harvey's Bristol Cream in the (ahem) Trophy Cabinet (just behind the Anglo-Scottish Cup) again?

Thank you for that sluurrrr, Reg. The 'arveys is for 2pm, just after lunch.

You'll be too young to remember the Anglo-Jock cup, the Rockin' Robins and our Kelly Marie's 1980 pop hit sensation. Check the video out, it's top, top pop disco. Actually, anyone not hard at work like me and able to put it up on here?

"Feels Like I'm in Love" was a UK number-one single for two weeks in September 1980 for Kelly Marie.

Written by Ray Dorset[1] of Mungo Jerry, the song was originally intended for Elvis Presley but he died before it could be pitched to him. Released in 1979, the song was a sleeper on the Scottish club scene before breaking through nationally in the summer of 1980, reaching the top of the charts in September. The following year, aided by a number of remixes the song became a club hit in the U.S., reaching number ten on the U.S. Hot Dance Club Play chart.

Written then by a geezer with a local(ish) surname but I'm sure we could do better.

"Feels Like I'm in Love" was a UK number-one single for two weeks in September 1980 for Kelly Marie.

Written by Ray Dorset[1] of Mungo Jerry, the song was originally intended for Elvis Presley but he died before it could be pitched to him. Released in 1979, the song was a sleeper on the Scottish club scene before breaking through nationally in the summer of 1980, reaching the top of the charts in September. The following year, aided by a number of remixes the song became a club hit in the U.S., reaching number ten on the U.S. Hot Dance Club Play chart.

Written then by a geezer with a local(ish) surname but I'm sure we could do better.

We used to wobble about to it in the 51 Club. Course, back then, we thought we might still make it back to the top, bounce straight back. How young and innocent we were back then....

"Because you're near to me,

My head goes round and round..."

Archived