IGNORED

Names on Bricks (Merged)

BristolBEAT

Could do something similar to Arsenal's armory square?. They have fans names on bricks on the floor outside the store, it looks pretty smart.

Perhaps around a statue of big john would be a good idea.

I really love all the stuff around Arsenals ground. The statues (I just happened to be in London when the Bergkamp one was unveiled a few months ago so went to have a look). The photographs of past players and teams all around the place, decorating the side of the stadium and in frames outside. They also have lots of flags with their current players all around and bricks with people's names on. There is seating and of course the cannons as they are the Gunners. The giant concrete letters spelling out Arsenal are also impressive. A real fans area with bridges and walkways. I was very impressed.

I didn't find Chelseas's ground half as impressive, infact I was disappointed with the surroundings, not so fan friendly at all compared to Arsenal. I've also been to Charltons ground a couple of months so too, that had a similar thing with a statue and fan bricks which was nice.

I hope we can take some of the ideas from Arsenal and incorporate them into our landscaping.

The whole surrounding area will be newly landscaped so now is the time if it is to be done cost effectively and in one effort.

I would like to see some flags and also limited street furniture dedicated to former greats. That way we have representation of those big city names (carey etc),who are not necessarily quite deserving of a statue.

I think there can be a dangerous precedent with statues. Imo they should only be reserved for the absolute elite. personally I think arsenal are bordering on over doing it on this front which can diminish the honour.

Archived