IGNORED

A Bit Of Fun, What Should Steve Lansdown Do With Ashton Vale ?

M_Porter

Look out your window and see this you idiots  

105 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ok so lets presume that in a few years time this ridiculous village green nonsense is overturned, thrown out etc 

What would you like to see done with the land ?

Im not going to add build us a new ground, that would be silly after spending 40mil on our AG update

Whatever gets built there, I dare say they will one day regret not having a stadium and landscaped wetland grounds there instead.

The people who opposed it will move away and those who are left will pay the price.

You are i assume 100% correct, the sad thing about most of this is that the people that really put the brakes on us don't even live in Bristol let alone AV or LA just UK do gooders, I hail from LA and most of the people i speak to there, even the ones that objected at the start and even one that was named on the JR wishes they hadnt done so now, but alas once you get the groups involved (Tree Hugger's) it no longer becomes a local issue, and thus the locals no longer had control.

And yes they will live to regret it for sure, infact some already are 

If I was in Steve's position I would start the cheapest part of the work at AG whilst fighting the case against the protestors. Upon winning the case, I would revert to the AV stadium plan and demolish AG to let Sainsbury build their store in line with current planning approvals. That would be best for City, for the City of Bristol, for jobs and the future. The new stadium would be around for much longer than the protestors will be alive. But what do I know??

I certainly wouldn't let them walk their dogs or whatever they do there. Why should they be allowed to foul (I'm being polite) over somebody else's land. Let them use their own gardens to foul in. They could have had something really nice, now leave them without any access at all.

Then move the travellers in, or perhaps instead of Benefits Street maybe Benefits Estate!

You are i assume 100% correct, the sad thing about most of this is that the people that really put the brakes on us don't even live in Bristol let alone AV or LA just UK do gooders, I hail from LA and most of the people i speak to there, even the ones that objected at the start and even one that was named on the JR wishes they hadnt done so now, but alas once you get the groups involved (Tree Hugger's) it no longer becomes a local issue, and thus the locals no longer had control.

And yes they will live to regret it for sure, infact some already are

I'm surprised that people from Los Angeles even know about the Ashton vale situation!

Archived