IGNORED

Shrewsbury Npm

djb6162

Would be genuinely interesting to see how S'OD gets on there. I don't necessarily think it counts for much but Doncaster and Bournemouth were certainly "smaller" clubs during his time there, and those were the two places he's achieved most success. I would count Shrewsbury as that type of club also.

I would be intrigued to see how he gets on there, if he is given time, to see whether or not he is some sort of free thinking, enigma coach who works best with a tiny budget or whether he isn't actually that good.

If he gets that job I wish him the best of luck, wanted it to work out here for him but it didn't for whatever reason.

Would be genuinely interesting to see how S'OD gets on there. I don't necessarily think it counts for much but Doncaster and Bournemouth were certainly "smaller" clubs during his time there, and those were the two places he's achieved most success. I would count Shrewsbury as that type of club also.

I would be intrigued to see how he gets on there, if he is given time, to see whether or not he is some sort of free thinking, enigma coach who works best with a tiny budget or whether he isn't actually that good.

If he gets that job I wish him the best of luck, wanted it to work out here for him but it didn't for whatever reason.

According to some he is destined to turn his next club into the 2nd coming of the galactico's, with a brand of football that the world is yet to see, that is of course after the transitional period, the renaissance period, the rococo period and not forgetting the pre raphaelite period.

Hmm.  Never sure how to take things like this.  

Wilson never impressed, even under the manager who signed him, and with little experience outside the SPL he can't exactly point at a benchmark of how good he could be that is any higher than plenty of flat out failures who've come from that league previously.

BUT... that said, his identification of O'Kelly as the link between SO'D and the squad is interesting.  With O'Kelly leaving at the end of last season, perhaps this had some impact on SO'D ability to get the best out of the squad, especially if he was as tricky to work with as Wilson alludes to.

That said; JET came here explicitly to work with SO'D, so maybe it is just as case that SO'D didn't have time for those he didn't rate.

Either way, both the player and the manager are gone now, and if Cotterill is anything at all I'd say it is personable and involved with his squad, so don't see this as an issue now.

Interesting little insight that.  I think there's little doubt, on reflection, that SOD was a 'strange fella'.  I'm surprised that any other club would touch him with a barge pole after his record with us.

It would be easier enough for any other club to just write his time off at City as being all down us being a basket case of a football club.  He's done well at other clubs, many of our previous managers have/are doing well elsewhere - to the outside world it will look like we're the problem.

It would be easier enough for any other club to just write his time off at City as being all down us being a basket case of a football club.  He's done well at other clubs, many of our previous managers have/are doing well elsewhere - to the outside world it will look like we're the problem.

Depends if they do their homework or not. Let's not forget he only won 2 of his last 33 games at Doncaster, long losing streaks under SOD are not exclusive to us!!

I've said before, I reckon he's lost his mojo and will be surprised if he gets another manager / head coach job. He'll end up as a DOF or number 2 somewhere I reckon.

At all of his other clubs, Doncaster he done well, Bournemouth done well, Florist was very harshly treated, and for whatever reason, it just didn't work out for him here.

There is no doubting his managing ability, no matter how boring he sounds in his interviews, he knows what he is on about.

Would like to see how he gets on at Shrewsbury, and wish him all the best.

Archived