IGNORED

Dear Dear Mr Lansdown

arpaul

What a gamble you are taking. According to the teletext and the Evening Post, "Our momentum had faltered"

Four successive years of improvement under Danny Wilsons leadership, with a distinct possibility of promotion this coming season with a united club behind him ?.

You say that purse strings had to be tightened after the play off failure, yet you see fit to waste money on paying off DW.

I find it very hard to understand how we can be in a better position now than we were on Friday lunchtime. To be honest I think you are responsible for taking MY team back a full 10 years.

Brian Tinnion has never set the footballing world alight. One footed, no pace, the inability to play possession football by continually playing 50-60 yard balls directly to opposing defenders or out of play. He was awful on Sunday-as the majority were- yet you see fit to allow him to run team affairs!!

This all reminds me of the Russell Osman fiasco which, under DW, we were just about to recover from.

I hope that I am proved wrong and that we romp home next season by 10-15 points under Tinnions leadership playing in front of capacity crowds, and being hailed as a team who play total football.

If we do, then I will gladly write a personal thread to Tinnion congratulating him on his success, and apologising for doubting his ability as a manager.

On the other hand Mr Lansdown, I will expect you to apologise to all of us in an open letter on the forum if we fail to get promotion under Tinnions rule. Promotion after all is the only way success can be measured after falling at the last hurdle this last season.

So you will apologise if we get promotion, but expect Sl to apologise if we don't ?

Hmm. Heads I win, tails you lose springs to mind.

Cynic, it's a real gamble & many fans will sit either side of the fence.

But as Arpaul says, he wants it to succeed, but express's concerns.

If it does work & the DW/Barnsley scenario comes to fruition, then the doubters will only be too glad to stand up & be counted.

If we struggle (god forbid) & the gamble dosn't pay off then someone has got it wrong?

So we don't expect concerns to be shown here than?

Bottom line is that Tinnion is not God, as some have us believe, he is the 'cheap option' & its going to be an interesting season.

But as with DW, many forum posters were willing him to fail & lets hope Tinnion dosn't put fans in this position?

Guest Pjj171086

I don't really see it as a gamble !

A bigger gamble would have been to appoint a manager from outside the club who would have destroyed Danny's years of work, Tins knows the club inside out and will just freshen us up !

I don't really see it as a gamble !

A bigger gamble would have been to appoint a manager from outside the club who would have destroyed Danny's years of work, Tins knows the club inside out and will just freshen us up !

So DW has been sacked - but he has left 4 seasons of good work ?

Why did we sack him then?

So Tinnion will be happy (or told) to work with what he's got?

Sometimes (BHA,Crystal Palace etc) the fresh outsider approach is what is needed.

The cheap option is not always the right way?

Guest LeicesterRed
As far as Steve was concerned it was "damned if you do, damned if you don't"
I`m sorry os say he`ll be damned.

Wilson is a good manger, you watch, those who called for his demise will regret it, big style.

GOD HELP US!!

I LOVE YOU REDS

Archived