IGNORED

Manchester United Fan Calls 999 Asking For Alex Ferguson

M_Porter

And we think some of our fans are out with the fairies :laugh:

A drunk Manchester United fan called 999 "demanding" to speak to Sir Alex Ferguson after the club's defeat.

Greater Manchester Police (GMP) were called at 22:30 GMT on Wednesday by a man from Crumpsall after the team lost to Sunderland in the Capital One Cup.

Full story on BBC LINK

A drunk Manchester United fan called 999 "demanding" to speak to Sir Alex Ferguson after the club's defeat.

Greater Manchester Police (GMP) were called at 22:30 GMT on Wednesday by a man from Crumpsall after the team lost to Sunderland in the Capital One Cup.

Full story on BBC LINK

Wasn't David Moyes was it?

Full story on BBC LINK

It can't really get any worse for a true Manchester United supporter (that doesn't include any Bristolian MUFC shirt wearer) because Manchester City have probably now got a better side than any Manchester United side ever - including any side managed by Sir Matt Busby.

It can't really get any worse for a true Manchester United supporter (that doesn't include any Bristolian MUFC shirt wearer) because Manchester City have probably now got a better side than any Manchester United side ever - including any side managed by Sir Matt Busby.

Oddly enough the couple of season ticket holders in my office said they think it's for the best as it will get rid of the glory followers and perhaps even the glazers. They talk about how stale the club has seemed for a couple of years now and it's loss of any characters.

Also they are more than willing to give Moyes time.

Oddly enough the couple of season ticket holders in my office said they think it's for the best as it will get rid of the glory followers and perhaps even the glazers. They talk about how stale the club has seemed for a couple of years now and it's loss of any characters.

The ones I know are much the same. A lot of the local, matchgoing types hate the gloryhunter element almost as much as fans of other clubs do.

The thing with United, only 20% of the fans that say they support Manchester United, actually do.

Most of them, have just pulled the best team they could think of out of their arse, and claim they 'support' them.

Someone who actually 'supports' a football club will pay to see them play and often follow them home and away clocking up thousands of miles in the process - that's my definition of a true supporter. A football fan is someone that will watch a given team on televsion and maybe buy a shirt - a 'plastic supporter' of which there are a great many for clubs such as Man U.

......as per your signature, I would classify myself as an average Bristolian muppet. :thumbsup:

Steady. The 94' 99' and 08' Man Utd sides were better than today's Man City side IMO. I hear the 58 and 68 sides were just as good but a little before my time.

It's catch 22 though as United have done very well out of the hangers on from far and wide. From a financial point of view in the modern game Man Utd need them, as much as the local die hards don't.

Steady. The 94' 99' and 08' Man Utd sides were better than today's Man City side IMO. I hear the 58 and 68 sides were just as good but a little before my time.

......after a shakey start this season, Manchester City now look awesome under Pellegrini. Manchester City now look capable of winning anything and everything. Forget Arsenal, it's only Chelsea that can now stop them winning the Premiership. If all runs well, Manchester City v Chelsea in the European Cup final.

......after a shakey start this season, Manchester City now look awesome under Pellegrini. Manchester City now look capable of winning anything and everything. Forget Arsenal, it's only Chelsea that can now stop them winning the Premier League. If all runs well, Manchester City v Chelsea in the European Cup final.

Man City are great to watch at the Etihad but take away one of either Kompany or Ya Ya and they are severely weaker and beatable. They are a class side but to say a side that can potentially win things is already better than a side that already has ie.. The treble is a bit rash. IF Citeh win the Quadruple then you have a strong case.

Man City are great to watch at the Etihad but take away one of either Kompany or Ya Ya and they are severely weaker and beatable. They are a class side but to say a side that can potentially win things is already better than a side that already has ie.. The treble is a bit rash. IF Citeh win the Quadruple then you have a strong case.

....I'm just going by what I've seen of Manchester City over the last 10 or so games, they've finally gelled and they look awesome. Not surprising considering the fact that they have 7 or so true world class players - no Manchester United side has ever had that many world class players. The following video compilation of some of their latest goals speaks for itself - they look as good as any top international side let alone a top club side......

Archived