IGNORED

My Rant

JET will tear you apart

I can't see why we can't do a man city we gave a majority shareholder who is like 999th on the Forbes list and sell every terrible player and buy good ones for this level if we want to be successful why. Can't we spend a bit to get the likes of freeman and we can't afford to be out bidded for players like dicko

Some times it is frustrating

There are financial fair play rules to abide by, you can't simply continue to throw money at it, hoping it will solve our problems.

You only need to pick through the article linked below to see what a farce the financial fair play system is.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/deloitte-football-money-league-report-manchester-city-ffp-hopes-lifted-by-revenue-hike--but-its-not-good-news-for-manchester-united-9078607.html

I can't see why we can't do a man city we gave a majority shareholder who is like 999th on the Forbes list and sell every terrible player and buy good ones for this level if we want to be successful why. Can't we spend a bit to get the likes of freeman and we can't afford to be out bidded for players like dicko

Post like this are frustrating !

Where have you been.....the reason we are where we are is for this very reason

I haven't a clue what this post really means. City have no connection to Man City. "We" have not given anything to a majority shareholder who is 999 on the Forbes wealth list (assume this is Steve Lansdown). Like it or not he bought a majority share in the club. Fans, with the exception of one or two small clubs, have never owned clubs. They have always been owed by chairmen / directors. As for spending more money, willy nilly, that 's what has caused many of the present problems.

I haven't a clue what this post really means. City have no connection to Man City. "We" have not given anything to a majority shareholder who is 999 on the Forbes wealth list (assume this is Steve Lansdown). Like it or not he bought a majority share in the club. Fans, with the exception of one or two small clubs, have never owned clubs. They have always been owed by chairmen / directors. As for spending more money, willy nilly, that 's what has caused many of the present problems.

Before anyone makes a comment - Willy Nilly is a Scottish player much favoured by Del Boy.

Thank you for all of the replies and taking part in my secret survey for my gcse project on football fans and their view about money in the game sorry if I caused you any anger and this indeed is not my view as I dislike the way man city have literally bought their way into glory not earned it

Thank you for all of the replies and taking part in my secret survey for my gcse project on football fans and their view about money in the game sorry if I caused you any anger and this indeed is not my view as I dislike the way man city have literally bought their way into glory not earned it

If this is your way of conducting a survey then I fear for your grade or, more probably, the standard of some GCSE assignments.

Are you just back-peddling after you've been called out? Admitting you are wrong is a better and more respectable way to do it.

When conducting a survey, you ask set questions and approach a cross section of the studied populace, you also normally inform the people involved.

So (as some others have said) it's either the worst post I've seen on here in a long time, or it's the worse survey I've ever seen?

wasn't your mate getting your log in details then!!!!

Just one more person who is quick to spend someone else's money rather than their own

Yes Man City are just copying what Chelsea and Man Utd  have done

I'm guessing this is, if true, a Maths GCSE.

Here's a tip that may stand you in good stead: next time you see your English teacher, ask them when the principles of grammar and punctuation are covered on the syllabus.

Good lad.

should there not be an ? After syllabus then?

No, because I'm not asking a question, I'm giving an instruction.

I accept my written English isn't perfect, btw :) (Neither do I normally care about other posters' written English, I'm just a bit concerned for the lad's GCSE prospects based on the evidence of his)

Self-consciously leaves thread. . . .

You may not agree with what he says but to say that it's the worst post ever is ridiculous ! personally I find posters who destroy the performance of the team as a whole or individuals whilist admitting that they have been no where near ashton gate ( and in some cases hasn't been for years ) far worse, I also find the ramblings of a bloke who constantly talks to a imaginary hedgehog boreing and slightly embarrassing _ but hey each totheir own, The OP actually goes to games, show him some respect for that, he's also a kid, cut him some slack, I've no probs with ppl disagreeing with him, I've no probs with pp explaining the errors of his ideas to him, I have got a problem with the otib bully boys turning out in full force ! it's no wonder that many people won't post on here anymore, _ nauseating !

Yes Man City are just copying what Chelsea and Man Utd have done

ManUre are many things, but they didn't buy success in the way Chelsea or Citeh have. They built a brand, marketed the living **** out of it and made money where football clubs had not made money before. Despite the corporate, prawn-sandwich eating aspect of it all, I have a lot more respect for that than using your football club to launder money and buy status

I can't see why we can't do a man city

Yes, young chap. Some times it is frustrating. Absolutely.

I think that is all this poor lad needs, everyone. To have his "frustration" heard, acknowledged and validated. That's all. Now, let's all hug together...

(Sir Les Q, bringing emotional intelligence and healing to Bristol City FC since 1982)

Archived