IGNORED

Freeman

CITYAREREDANDWHITE

What's happened to him. We had been rumoured to have had two bids rejected for him, SC all but confirmed this at the Q&A, then he said we've been talking to someone about a summer move for a free agent, which again could be freeman as he's out of contract.

I really feel like we should do everything we can to do it, he looked really exciting when he played agaisnt is, and let's be honest, we desperately need a winger

I'm still not completely convinced we need a winger. Steve Cotterill so far has deployed a system that doesn't use wingers, so why buy someone who won't be used?

I'm not saying that once SC has what he considers to be by and large his squad into place that we will carry on playing 5-3-2, but I don't know either way. But if he does want to play wingers then I find it hard to believe that he hasn't tried it already. Granted, we aren't blessed in the wingers department, but to play with wingers there has to be two. Freeman can't play on both sides. The message it gives is that SC is saying that if we sign Freeman, but he then gets injured or suspended, we are then forced to change our system entirely over one player.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I can't imagine that being the case.

I watched their game v Everton on the tele and Freeman was quite impressive IMHO. Certainly not the blistering pace of a traditional winger but creative all the same. I do wonder if he wouldn't be more effective playing more centrally where he could get involved more?

Good player, still young and OOC in the summer.

What's happened to him. We had been rumoured to have had two bids rejected for him, SC all but confirmed this at the Q&A, then he said we've been talking to someone about a summer move for a free agent, which again could be freeman as he's out of contract.

I really feel like we should do everything we can to do it, he looked really exciting when he played agaisnt is, and let's be honest, we desperately need a winger

This is Bristol City mate, and my god do we always balls it up in the transfer market!

We pay over the odds for crap, yet be Scottish and always get out bid by other clubs when a player is quality! It's been going on for years, and it won't change soon.

Dicko killed us on Saturday and when was the last time we managed to get a player like that?

Hold on didn't we put a bid in? It's always the same I'm afraid.

Freeman is quality so don't build yourself up for him too sign, he won't, it's how this club does business and they will always let you down I'm afraid - Just look where we are!

I'm still not completely convinced we need a winger. Steve Cotterill so far has deployed a system that doesn't use wingers, so why buy someone who won't be used?

I'm not saying that once SC has what he considers to be by and large his squad into place that we will carry on playing 5-3-2, but I don't know either way. But if he does want to play wingers then I find it hard to believe that he hasn't tried it already. Granted, we aren't blessed in the wingers department, but to play with wingers there has to be two. Freeman can't play on both sides. The message it gives is that SC is saying that if we sign Freeman, but he then gets injured or suspended, we are then forced to change our system entirely over one player.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I can't imagine that being the case.

he's deployed that system because we don't acctually have a senior winger at the club

I was going to keep this to myself but a very reliable source has told me we are on the verge of a major triple signing - Freeman Hardy AND Willis!!!!

You heard it here first!!

Gand, how old am I to remember that???? Must have not existed for 20 years.

Oh ah. I 'erd about a tripuh sinin but it was a bloke down the Avon Packet sed it 'ud be Brecknell, Dolman and Rogers

Need a holding midfielder and a striker. If baldock gets injured we're massively lacking up front, and wth wags, Maloney, Bryan and Cunningham we've got plenty of wing backs. Elliot and pack aren't mobile or solid enough to protect the back 4. Stopping us conceding goals has to be the priority.

he's deployed that system because we don't acctually have a senior winger at the club

Which is Cotterill saying that he doesn't believe any of our wide midfielders our good enough to play on the wing, which is interesting because I'm assuming he wants to play with two wingers, but we're only linked with Freeman. So if Freeman gets injured, do we absolutely have to revert back to the 5-3-2? Why would one player define a system so much?

Which is Cotterill saying that he doesn't believe any of our wide midfielders our good enough to play on the wing, which is interesting because I'm assuming he wants to play with two wingers, but we're only linked with Freeman. So if Freeman gets injured, do we absolutely have to revert back to the 5-3-2? Why would one player define a system so much?

but if we pay over the odds for Freeman it means we are still lacking on the left and a defensive midfielder, we should put all our eggs in one basket, and we could get him for nowt in the summer teams do it to us so why can't we do it for a change

I imagine other more attractive teams would be willing to take a punt on him in the summer if available for free. Therefore paying a bit to sign him in January could be our only way of getting him.

For me it would be interesting how much we would be willing to pay for him if he weren't in his last year of his contract. I can only see his valuation going up over the next year or two so there could still be money to be made on him.

but if we pay over the odds for Freeman it means we are still lacking on the left and a defensive midfielder, we should put all our eggs in one basket, and we could get him for nowt in the summer teams do it to us so why can't we do it for a change

We could get him for nothing in the summer, but we'd have to beat off a lot more competition than if we wanted him now. There's no reason for us to be held to ransom, with only six months left on his deal.

Make him a free agent and suddenly you'll have championship teams interested in him as a low-risk gamble.

We could get him for nothing in the summer, but we'd have to beat off a lot more competition than if we wanted him now. There's no reason for us to be held to ransom, with only six months left on his deal.

Make him a free agent and suddenly you'll have championship teams interested in him as a low-risk gamble.

whats to stop championship teams bidding now which would lead to a bidding war and may mean we vastley overpay for him like we did with a long list of players here,

If teams really want him they will bid and many are prob just waiting for one to make the first move, also if he was that keen to move in this window or intrested in coming here he would of put in a transfer request by now to try and force the issue like albert and maynard

Archived