IGNORED

A Settled Team

Outofwedlock

I think this would be the key to survival this season, SC really needs to nail his colours to the mast, pick his best 11 players, find a formation that suits them and leave them alone to play the rest of the season, barring injuries of course.

I don't really mind what formation or players he chooses but I do think that a large part of our problems over the last few seasons has been chopping and changing almost every game, how often have we fielded an unchanged team?

For me it would be 4,4,1,1

Parish

Moloney, El Abd, Williams, Cunningham

Wagstaff, Gillet, Reid, Bryan

Jet

Baldock

I would be tempted to play Burns on the right or Elliott for Gillet but the key would be pick them and leave them to get used to each other.

What would be yours?

Think I would stick with the current formation with

Parish

Osbourne   Flint   Williams

Wagstaff                               Cunningham

Elliott

Reid          Gillett

Jet         Baldock

Was torn with Osbourne/El Abd

Bench would be : 

Fielding

El Abd

Maloney

Pack

Bryan

Burns

Bennett

Midfield probably is a bit lightweight on reflection and it does seem all our midfielders are a bit one dimensional ie attacking and lightweight or solid and unimaginative.

The important point is pick an 11 and stick by it.

I'd be quite happy with Bouncearoundjosh's

Parish

Elliott

Reid          Gillett

Jet         Baldock

Was torn with Osbourne/El Abd

Bench would be : 

Fielding

El Abd

Maloney

Pack

Bryan

Burns

Bennett

I don't really like playing with 3 at the back and wing backs however at the moment it will have to do I think as we have little alternative with the players we have.

Likewise not convinced by Parish but Fielding isn't a viable alternative either based on what i've seen.

It's very difficult to pick the team at the moment, other than the forward line we are pretty weak/imbalanced. 

Bounce Around Josh has picked the team I'd pick

Parish

Elliott

Reid          Gillett

Jet         Baldock

however I am not happy with it.. needs to be rebalanced in the summer urgently

I don't really like playing with 3 at the back and wing backs however at the moment it will have to do I think as we have little alternative with the players we have.

Likewise not convinced by Parish but Fielding isn't a viable alternative either based on what i've seen.

It's very difficult to pick the team at the moment, other than the forward line we are pretty weak/imbalanced. 

Bounce Around Josh has picked the team I'd pick

Parish

Elliott

Reid          Gillett

Jet         Baldock

however I am not happy with it.. needs to be rebalanced in the summer urgently

I would agree with that team, but id take flint out and replace him with el abd. Flinty has had a couple of bad games, id put Osborne in the middle with el abd at the right of the back 3. In that team I would alternate pack with Elliot, who cant play every game now. The sooner liam Kelly comes back the better our midfield will be, we have really missed him this season. I think he is due back in training this week? I think the team would look a lot stronger when he is fit.

Parish

Osborne            El Abd           Williams       Cunningham

Kelly

Waggy                                Reid                       Freeman (I can dream)

Jet     

Baldock

I would agree with that team, but id take flint out and replace him with el abd. Flinty has had a couple of bad games, id put Osborne in the middle with el abd at the right of the back 3. In that team I would alternate pack with Elliot, who cant play every game now. The sooner liam Kelly comes back the better our midfield will be, we have really missed him this season. I think he is due back in training this week? I think the team would look a lot stronger when he is fit.

Parish

Kelly

Waggy                                Reid                       Freeman (I can dream)

Jet     

Baldock

I like that team, Wagstaff gets a bit of stick but works hard and chips in with goals. I believe someone like Freeman would make us a lot more balanced.

Will be great to have Kelly back as we need a bit more size in a midfield with Reid in as he's not a big chap.

Only change I would make would be bringing in Maloney for Osbourne as I don't think Osbourne is mobile enough to play Right Back.

Flint has improved alot for me but I haven't actually seen El Abd yet so reserving judgement.

Parish

Kelly

Jet     

Baldock

Christ, that team would get torn apart! Fluffiest (yes that is a technical term!) midfield 3 possible...

It seemed we were a bit more solid before El-Abd came in, is that right or does it just seem that way?

That's correct.

Back 3 of Ozzy, Flint, Williams seemed to be working. Flint had pace alongside him and those 3 had good balance.

Al Abd will of been guaranteed games here by SC and as a result he is being shoe horned into the team by any means possible.

Problem is he is slower than Flint, who is very slow.

If it aint broke, don't fix it.

It seemed we were a bit more solid before El-Abd came in, is that right or does it just seem that way?

That's correct.

Back 3 of Ozzy, Flint, Williams seemed to be working. Flint had pace alongside him and those 3 had good balance.

Al Abd will of been guaranteed games here by SC and as a result he is being shoe horned into the team by any means possible.

Problem is he is slower than Flint, who is very slow.

If it aint broke, don't fix it.

This is probably the one thing that has totally thrown me the last couple of games.

Signing Osborne on a permanent deal was a great move; he'd looked to compliment Flint and Williams well, and signing Al Abd with one eye on Fontaine and Carey heading out the door seemed sensible.

But immediately breaking up a trio who'd only shipped 2 goals in 3 league games (including a rare clean sheet) to include him, with us immediately looking (and being) defensively weaker (5 goals in 2 games; stats say it all) looks like a very bad call.

I'd drop him against Brentford; got back to the same team (possibly without Wagstaff, if still injured) that played against Bradford.

Don't think we'll get anything against the Bees, but would be nice to not start losing our decent goal difference because we keep chopping and changing the back line.

This is probably the one thing that has totally thrown me the last couple of games.

I'd drop him against Brentford; got back to the same team (possibly without Wagstaff, if still injured) that played against Bradford.

Not going to happen. He'll play Al Abd every game he is available for between now and the end of the season.

Not going to happen. He'll play Al Abd every game he is available for between now and the end of the season.

If he starts to show the aggression and quality heralded on his arrival that might not be a bad thing, but so far that's not happened.

I don't think he's a bad player, but I do think we'd have been far better served bringing in a centre midfielder to guard what was starting to look like a half-decent back line.

And 'square-peg, round-holes'; when he's got a right-back/wing-back like Maloney in the squad, playing someone who is clearly a centre back in his position like Osborne was a very, very odd choice.

------------------------Parish-------------------------

-------Osbourne-----El Abd-------Williams--------

-Maloney-------------------------------Cunningham

------------------------Gillett--------------------------

------------Wagstaff---------Pack--------------------

---------------JET---------Baldock--------------------

Reid has shown glimpses but not been good enough for me recently, so Wagstaff is currently in because he does provide goals from midfield and will link well with Maloney. Elliott is handy for some games but Gillett is a much more composed player who can actually pass, tackle and head despite his size. Again Flint would be handy for some games but El Abd looks more composed and would be good leader for Osbourne and Williams. That side the inclusion of Kelly this year i think would have made a big difference and a big blow for us that hes been out so long.

Archived