IGNORED

Planning To Lose

Go Junior GO

Cotterill sounded as if he was going to pick a weaker team for tonights game and go for a win on saturday, 

I think thats a good idea with all the games we have comming up. and if we get a bit of luck we might get a draw

also 

are you allowed to drink on cats coaches was planning to go to sheff ute

Cotterill sounded as if he was going to pick a weaker team for tonights game and go for a win on saturday, 

I think thats a good idea with all the games we have comming up. and if we get a bit of luck we might get a draw

also 

Lets field a weaken team and get hammered, good for confidence.

Always play your strongest team and go for the points. (They are needed) not just off the so called weaker teams?

You might as well take a mug of cocoa!

also 

why does he "sound" like he is going to do this???

In fairness to the OP on the BBC website SC says

"We've got a busy three weeks with Saturday-Tuesday games.

"With the size of our squad, it might impact on us further down the line.

"There's a couple of things I might change [against Brentford] because of the games we've got ahead".

"I want to rotate areas which hopefully won't weaken us too much, but try and get out a good, competitive team."

which I also read as less concerned about this game and wants our strongest team for more winnable games; he's not going there to lose.

Ultimately SC is the manager and with a hugely congested fixture schedule, faces a no win situation.

On the one hand we have to be realistic at where our best chances of picking up points are. Looking at the coming fixtures, Brentford away isn't the most likely source of 3 points.

However if he changes too much and we take a hammering then he will be slated.

I think we would all be delighted with 3 points from the next two games, and it's far more likely they will come against Carlisle than tonight.

Difficult position to be in.

also 

sounds like he's rotaiting the squad to try and keep fresh legs, he could do this by dropping reid for pack cunningham for bryan and Flint for maloney with osborne dropping into the back 3 without weakening the team,

We have good cover in some postions and no cover in others, for example we are strong down the left hand side but weak down the right, we have options at the centre of defence but have little up front,

The squad is unbalanced and has been since johnson left, Millen Copout Micinnes and SOD have all failed to address this, SC seems to understand what we need (wide players are a real issue and he has mentioned he's trying to get some) whether he can get some in before the window closes on friday will be a challenge,

In fairness to the OP on the BBC website SC says

"We've got a busy three weeks with Saturday-Tuesday games.

"With the size of our squad, it might impact on us further down the line.

"There's a couple of things I might change [against Brentford] because of the games we've got ahead".

"I want to rotate areas which hopefully won't weaken us too much, but try and get out a good, competitive team."

which I also read as less concerned about this game and wants our strongest team for more winnable games; he's not going there to lose.

i'm sorry but surely the piece you highlighted actually says completely the opposite to the OP and you?.

sounds like he's rotaiting the squad to try and keep fresh legs, he could do this by dropping reid for pack cunningham for bryan and Flint for maloney with osborne dropping into the back 3 without weakening the team,

We have good cover in some postions and no cover in others, for example we are strong down the left hand side but weak down the right, we have options at the centre of defence but have little up front,

The squad is unbalanced and has been since johnson left, Millen Copout Micinnes and SOD have all failed to address this, SC seems to understand what we need (wide players are a real issue and he has mentioned he's trying to get some) whether he can get some in before the window closes on friday will be a challenge,

i'm sorry but surely the piece you highlighted actually says completely the opposite to the OP and you?.

In fairness, I don't think you guys need to come to the defence of your man on this one.

I think it's fair enough that he's "rotating" a few so that he can play his absolute best side on Saturday as put simply: we have a much better chance of winning that game and it is a "6-pointer" of sorts.

His error is of course alluding to the fact that he may be weakening the team, which isn't very heartening for the fans spending the time, money and effort to go to tonight's game.

He's a manager with a new squad and he needs to know what players can and can't do. Perfectly reasonable, it's just a pity that it's in mid-season when we're in the drop zone.

And, like him, I don't think that videos are any substitute.

Play the strongest possible the for each game. Footballers should be able manage 4 games in two weeks. If they say they can't that is simply pathetic.

My (very) local team, Bishop Sutton, last season had to play 5 games in one week and a half, and they're in the bloody toolstation Premier!

Play the strongest possible the for each game. Footballers should be able manage 4 games in two weeks. If they say they can't that is simply pathetic.

My (very) local team, Bishop Sutton, last season had to play 5 games in one week and a half, and they're in the bloody toolstation Premier!

I don't think its an issue of playing too many games in a week I think its a situation where he tried something in a game where he had nothing to lose really and it hasn't worked so he is going to change it

In fairness, I don't think you guys need to come to the defence of your man on this one.

I think it's fair enough that he's "rotating" a few so that he can play his absolute best side on Saturday as put simply: we have a much better chance of winning that game and it is a "6-pointer" of sorts.

His error is of course alluding to the fact that he may be weakening the team, which isn't very heartening for the fans spending the time, money and effort to go to tonight's game.

Surely it's 'our man'?

Oh well.

Archived