IGNORED

Upset Tonight?

Red Faction

Maybe it's just the desparation of longing for a win, but anyone else feel like we might get a result tonight? Its a tuesday night match, its cold, honking down with rain, blowing a gale, top vs bottom (well almost), they're unbeaten in 16...

I've got a funny feeling in me water that we might just take all 3 points. Mind you I've got a doctors appointment at 2, so that feeling might clear up and I'll just go back to the usual pessimism.

Anyone else feeling delusional?

Maybe it's just the desparation of longing for a win, but anyone else feel like we might get a result tonight? Its a tuesday night match, its cold, honking down with rain, blowing a gale, top vs bottom (well almost), they're unbeaten in 16...

I've got a funny feeling in me water that we might just take all 3 points. Mind you I've got a doctors appointment at 2, so that feeling might clear up and I'll just go back to the usual pessimism.

You make it sound like we haven't won for ages. It's only been 3 league games!

Cast your mind back to the end of last season and the first few months of this one. This is like a hot streak!!!

I think getting to 17 unbeaten is just that bit harder than getting to 16.

At a few games unbeaten, its just a good run.  Now, they've got an artificial added pressure, imo.

Has to come to an end eventually and that might be in their thinking too, if we're lucky.

Will be interesting to see how our front line does against their defence, as I always fancy us to score, regardless of the opposition, and they have a pretty frugal back line.

And though they have absolutely excellent league form, they lost to Carlisle 9 games back in the FA Cup, so they aren't unbeatable.

Stevenage game off so we won't be bottom if we lose :-)

Yeah, just saw that.

With that match being against Crewe too, it would make us even getting just a point tonight that bit more decent, as it would leave us one win from jumping them on points (not just goal difference) and with a game in hand.

That said; don't expect us to get a point tonight, so...

We need to win tonight to stop Brentford pulling too far away from us. How about that for optimism?

For some reason, the word "insane" springs to mind ;)

I think we have an outside chance of a point, which is more than we had on Saturday.

think its going to be too much to ask to win this one. hopefully we can pick something up but i think Brentfords quality will show through. I would love to be proved wrong though! be nice to bounce back straight away to the weekends loss.

I've written a match preview if anyone fancies reading it: http://bristolsportsblogger.com/2014/01/28/brentford-v-bristol-city-match-preview/ all comments and feedback are appreciated :) 

Archived