IGNORED

Why Did You Start Watching Bristol City?

You Do The Dziekanowski

Same, came with my dear old dad.

I did have the choice as a little 'un as dad followed City and my uncle followed the rubbish at Eastville (at the time). I went to watch both a few times but there was only ever going to be one club for me as my dad supported them.

The fact my first season ended in promotion to the top flight might have helped a bit too (glory hunter)!

my dad supported City, and my grand dad did (no relation to my dad) from the 1920s. My gran lived in Knowle (Redcatch) and I was always fascinated by the view of the ground from there - especially when the floodlights were on. You could sometimes hear the cheering from her house.

Grew up in gas territory (horfield) and lived on muller road recreation ground. I used to watch the amateur football out my bedroom window. I was about 6 or 7 . In those days the pros used to train the local teams pre season. For extra cash.I was obsessed with footie and always stood on the line to watch my then heroes the amateurs.even used to ask for their autographs to their embarrassment. Anyway big brian clark was the pro who trained the team i watched kicking every ball and running to collect it to throw back to them when they ballooned it somewhere ha , brian clark used to pass to me after for a few mins cos he could see i was footie mad .It was city from then on even though all my school friends were gas .

Went with my uncle when I was 10 made my dad go next time after that we both used go when we could but was farming at the time so could not always go went a few times with my dad friend who was a farmer and he had a season ticket. For rovers and city as he liked to go every week and could not travel away as he had to milk his cows

I was taken down there by my dad who is an arsenal fan first but he was converted to city when he moved to bristol, I was only young but I don't know how old, I know my dad said I used to cry whenever we conceded, I was born in bristol and my brother- the only other football follower in the family was city so I didn't have a choice and in a strange way, I'm glad about that

Born in Muller avenue Horfield but moved to Keynsham at the age of four.

I was always football mad and went to AG on a couple of occasions with the boys club. We all know what happened in 66, which only heightened my furvour for the game.

On my twelth birthday, my dad took me out one night pretending that we had to visit the headmasters house because I'd so say been naughty, Me?. Once past that house he asked me if Id prefer to see a reserve match at Eastville, or an F A cup replay verses Halifax Town at AG. No choice really, we parked on coronation road and walked to the ground. The athmosphere increased with each step, then the lights became visible, the noise increased along with the numbers of people. We watched from beside the hospital broadcast position at the open end. Stood at the back with a great view of the ground and crowd of 24,000, the noise, the smells, toilet rolls thrown from the east end, smoke billowing out of stands and Lou Peters on the wing. City 4, Halifax 1.

Absolutely one hundred percent hooked and I've been going ever since and won't stop, though I do question my mental state at times.

From gloucester, Mum and dad bristolians and rovers, mum even wrote for the gas programme. Grandparents used to own queens head pub near Eastville too. Luckily my uncle took me to the Gate during our glory years, so i guess technically i'm a glory hunter, if anybody supporting city could be called that!

I have never been to AG; a friend of mine was going to take me to a game while I was on holiday visiting England, but the game was postponed due to internation callups. I went to Wycombe instead to see that game, as it was the only way to see City play while I was there.

Now I get up at 6am to listen to the games on player. I hope to get to visit England again next year and take in a home game.

In the light of our current plight, I thought this was a "first session at Alcoholics Anonymous" type question, or something an analyst might ask to try and find out why we are all such tortured souls. I personally have blanked the answer from my memory :fear:

Hi, my name is UK0wnag3, and I'm a Bristol City fan.

I'd played football throughout the youth groups and always watched it on TV, and picked City as my team after watching the LDV vans final. I often pleaded, nearligh begging for the old man to take me, but he wasn't really that interested. (In his defence, he isn't from the area, they aren't his team) and my mum was worried I'd get beaten up or something hooligan-esque. When I turned 17, I finally said "Alright, I'm going whether you like it or not." The old man said "fine, I'll join you". So we went and I was hooked, and have been a semi-regular attendee ever since.

some guys from work took  me up to the gate, i had always liked football but never followed anyone but that trip to the gate changed everything, live football had me hooked and i new i was going to be a red,

the game was Sat 20 Dec 1997 Bristol City 1 - 0 Chesterfield

if only i would have known what the were getting me into :facepalm:

Archived