IGNORED

Jet Dropped?

tpitman

A prodigious talent at this level and one of a few of ours who can produce a goal out of nowhere with a sublime piece of skill, however he does have faults and shouldn't be undroppable.

The biggest failing for me is the inability of SOD and now possibly SC to find a plan B for when he doesn't win matches on his own.

Maybe he gets most criticism because he has most talent, could you imagine what a player he'd be if he worked as hard as Baldock?

Tonight certainly wasn't his fault.

People may say "if he worked as hard as Baldock, he'd be higher up" but I don't think that is true.

His game isn't based on the sort of raw physical effort people seem to blame him for not showing; it is based on vision, precision and the ability to make the right choices.

He doesn't always do this well and, yes, he shouldn't be undroppable, but the reason for doing so needs to be more solid then the one offered most frequently, essentially that he costs us goals due to lack of effort.

That argument is horseshit, as tonight's game proves.

And maybe we do need another way to play when JET is not firing, but right now we clearly don't have one, so why leave the side devoid of his creativity and potential goal threat just for an experiment.

That is madness.

It's like Huddersfield of two years saying they should drop Rhodes because despite him being their primary goal threat they aren't in the top two.

Defence and midfield are broke; fix them and let the forwards do what they've done pretty well so far.

Don't want to get into the team Sam or team Jet thing, and certainly wouldn't drop him as he is an attacking force.

I don't particularly want him to defend, the one thing that bugs me is when he plays someone into the channels but doesn't drive into the area after to get on the return ball. He'd have even more goals if he did this and it might be as significant a failing as Baldock and his one on ones. Both have more strengths than weaknesses  though and should start most if not all games.

I don't think he will be starting saturday, I think we may have seen the best and possibly the last of him.

The manager bigged up Barnetts performance last night (he put in a shift apparently) and he'll probably get the nod with Baldock.

As for him being lazy on the pitch, thats just rubbish as Cotterill himself said. He isn't fit enough, simple as that. Wenger said of him "if you can get him fit enough he'll be a good player, no - he'll be a great player". However, he may well be lazy in training hence the fitness issue, watch him in the warm ups for a clue.

But a half fit JET is 100% better than any other fully fit player we have and he should be the first name on the team sheet.

Don't know how much credibility there is but stockhausen tweeted this before the game.

Andy Stockhausen ?@AndyStockhausen 13h

Bristol City boss Steve Cotterill insists JET has been rested and will play v Carlisle on Saturday. Reid also rested and not dropped.

Archived