IGNORED

A Positive Under Sc

Super

No he's far worse!

SOD got us 2 wins in 20 games, SC has already matched that. SOD was a spectacular failure, just look at SODs record, on results he is the WORST manager we have ever had, bar none. He got us relegated without a fight last year and would almost certianly have achieved the same this year (oh and I was delighted when he become manager based on what he had done at Donny).

SC would not have been my choice as manager this time around, but up until the crazy signing of El Abd - which seems to have completly unsettled a defence which was starting to look more solid, we seemed to genuinely be performing better.

I know the manner of the last two defeats have been hard to stomach, but they were always two matches we were likely to get nothing from. We will see what SC is really made of now... the next 2 games really are 'must win' or it's League 2 here we come.

SOD got us 2 wins in 20 games, SC has already matched that. SOD was a spectacular failure, just look at SODs record, on results he is the WORST manager we have ever had, bar none. He got us relegated without a fight last year and would almost certianly have achieved the same this year (oh and I was delighted when he become manager based on what he had done at Donny).

SC would not have been my choice as manager this time around, but up until the crazy signing of El Abd - which seems to have completly unsettled a defence which was starting to look more solid, we seemed to genuinely be performing better.

I know the manner of the last two defeats have been hard to stomach, but they were always two matches we were likely to get nothing from. We will see what SC is really made of now... the next 2 games really are 'must win' or it's League 2 here we come.

Totally agree.

Can't believe some of the belly achers on here after the last 2 defeats. You'd think they were expecting something else.

I'll admit, it would have been nice to at least turn up at Brentford but sometimes in football you just don't perform.

Since O'Driscoll took over followed by Cotterill, in total we have managed to Win 1, Draw 8 and Lose 14 of our 23 away league matches. That is truly shocking so why it would come as much of a surprise that we have failed to perform at Wolves and Brentford, arguably the 2 best and in form teams in our division, god only knows. 

The next few weeks are where it matters, we have been much improved at home and if that continues, we may just give ourselves a chance.

SOD got us 2 wins in 20 games, SC has already matched that. SOD was a spectacular failure, just look at SODs record, on results he is the WORST manager we have ever had, bar none. He got us relegated without a fight last year and would almost certianly have achieved the same this year (oh and I was delighted when he become manager based on what he had done at Donny).SC would not have been my choice as manager this time around, but up until the crazy signing of El Abd - which seems to have completly unsettled a defence which was starting to look more solid, we seemed to genuinely be performing better.I know the manner of the last two defeats have been hard to stomach, but they were always two matches we were likely to get nothing from. We will see what SC is really made of now... the next 2 games really are 'must win' or it's League 2 here we come.

Can you not see though that the more Cotterill's influence is taking hold that the worse we are getting? Defensively we are a shambles and have been getting worse prior to El Abd. What about Cotterill's signings, (exclude Osborne). Do you think they have improved the squad or added balance?

I'm reaching the point where I'm struggling to even talk about the club I love because it hurts too much. We are an embarrassment and complete shambles. I don't blame SOD or SC. Two major decisions were made by the board which were a disaster, the first sacking a manager mid season and the 2nd was his replacement. I've said my piece now.

• Admin

He got us relegated without a fight last year and would almost certianly have achieved the same this year

Very true, but after the last few games can we say the current side has anymore fight than a year ago?

Not sure why we changed the personnel in our side to accomodate four centre halfs, as awful as the injury is, Osborne being out may settle the back line as we were previously - when we actually looked a more solid team.

Very true, but after the last few games can we say the current side has anymore fight than a year ago?

Not sure why we changed the personnel in our side to accomodate four centre halfs, as awful as the injury is, Osborne being out may settle the back line as we were previously - when we actually looked a more solid team.

I can see in principle why he has brought El Abd in. He is (or was!) a winner, mentally tough, physically tough and a realy competitor but I agree completely, he should have either left him out and made him earn his place or just bit the bullet and dropped one of the others rather than trying to accomodate them all.

It could be a blessing in disguise that one of them has picked up an injury.

Wouldn't it be nice just for once to go to the likes of Wolves and Brentford and actually DO something, apart from losing predictably, we used to win occasionally in the past, Man U, Leeds, Liverpool, Villa, even Saints and Swansea recent past, we had heart and pride, a team that battled, now it is so as I said, predicable

When you go into battle you need generals and you need your army to have a few heroes, we have neither.

I can't even remember what it feels like to think we may have a chance away from home.....

I'll rise to it ;-). Oh yes he is. Give it time and he'll be sitting next to Pulis in the hall of fame. Anyway ,I hate being a whiner so I'm much to everyone's relief going to bugger off.

He'll have to nudge O'Driscoll to one side first.

Yes the last 2 results have been poor, and I too am a bit flummoxed by the El Abd signing, but our home performances under SC have shown a lot more positivity. 2 wins over Xmas and we should have beaten MK Dons if JET first then Baldock had had their shooting boots on.

Things may look very different this time next week.

Some of you don't half no how to over react. We have just played away at Wolves(as in the team we haven't won at since 1930) and Brentford (as in top of the league and 10 home wins in a row) and your turning on Cotterill already, admitedly I know some of you were chomping at the bit to turn but still.

Embarrasing to say he's worse than SOD. SODs record speaks for itself, he will go down as one of the worse managers we've had yet some of you still think he was the 2nd coming. He brainwashed many with his jargon, me included but when you finally see through it you notice how poor a manager he really was for us. Hopefully it wont take you long as its going to get a bit boring hearing about him everytime we have a bad run of results.

Back on topic. Positive is that we look far more attacking under SC. Its nice going into every game to win, instead of looking to bore the opposition into submision, while playing not to loose.

He's also made going to watch city fun again instead of a chore. Have been to 3 away games since he's been in charge. Where as I was struggling to make the effort to go to home games under the previous manager.

We went on a good run, but we came up against two teams we were expected to lose to, and did; therefore, everyone overreacted.

The trouble is, the defeats were back to back, that's what causes the overreaction.

The way I look at it, if you had been predicting the results when the fixtures came out in June, what would you have put down for those 2 games?

Logically, against a team that was playing in the Prem 2 seasons ago and with a fistful of parachute payments and a side that reached the play offs last season, 2 draws would have been the most I'd have put us down for and that would probably have been seen as optimistic

So we've dropped 2 points, tops IMO.

The real damage has been done in the home games against the likes of Colchester, Shrewsbury & Oldham. Those are games where we should have picked up more points.

We went on a good run, but we came up against two teams we were expected to lose to, and did; therefore, everyone overreacted.

and conceded 6 ,yes 6 ,goals in those 2 matches.

Why should n't we get points where we don't expect to ? We used to do it

.Why do we play with such apparent fear ?

Why do we turn good players into images of their former selves ?

Why do we continually play players out of position ?

Why is my left ear slightly bigger than my right ?

and conceded 6 ,yes 6 ,goals in those 2 matches.

Why should n't we get points where we don't expect to ? We used to do it

.Why do we play with such apparent fear ?

Why do we turn good players into images of their former selves ?

Why do we continually play players out of position ?

Why is my left ear slightly bigger than my right ?

It's a positive thread by the way

Archived