IGNORED

That Free Kick!

ateyomike

For a kick from the left it was funny mainly because JET had just come on and hung out very wide right far side of the box unmarked actually waving for the ball, and I think in most peoples minds the question was did we have a player with the skill to pick him out with a deep cross field ball, or would we just play it safe and lift it straight into the box in the general direction of the seven other City players.

It turns out neither, just slice a low drive down the empty left wing and straight out for a goal kick, avoiding the complication of involving any of the 19 players massed in the box or beyond on the right.

The foul throw followed on the right wing about five minutes later, and that was the story of the second half, we didn't have a shot on goal, just one chance that Barnett got in behind the defence and hit early and high.

Same old story, if we're going to routinely ship goals (the norm for 3 years now, which tells you how much our players work on these things) we need to create and take chances and make the keeper work at the other end so we might at least win a shoot out.

But no, we don't make keepers work, don't create anything like the number of chances to stay in a high scoring game (if we did, Baldock would invariably waste half of them) so we're exactly what these last two games have shown - a lop sided odd goal in four team.

If we somehow manage to stay up it'll not be because we're any good but because we find four other sh-t teams to scrape past who are even worse than us at both ends of the pitch. And it won't be with free kicks like that.

Oldham at home beats that

Do you mean this one?

I can't remember the opposition but it must have been 2 or 3 months ago (so quite possible it was Oldham).

Heading towards the Atyeo end, they took a free kick from the Dolman touchline midway between the halfway line and the edge of the penalty box and it flew across and hit the roof of the Atyeo stand above block A.

The worst free kick I've ever seen!!!

Do you mean this one?

I can't remember the opposition but it must have been 2 or 3 months ago (so quite possible it was Oldham).

Heading towards the Atyeo end, they took a free kick from the Dolman touchline midway between the halfway line and the edge of the penalty box and it flew across and hit the roof of the Atyeo stand above block A.

The worst free kick I've ever seen!!!

That is the one yes, Just the way he lined up like Ronaldo and hit it like me playing golf

Fore!!!!

Archived