IGNORED

Flint

Langford Red

IMO our best defender is still Louis Carey. I believe he's match fit and available to play. So he needs to add to his appearances record and get on the pitch. He already has everything El Abd was brought in to provide. Experience, toughness, organisational ability, and can guide and help those around him. Of course he makes mistakes and is not as fast as he used to be and long term fitness may be a problem.

But this club means more to him I suspect than all of the others put together. He's being paid so why isn't he being played?

IMO our best defender is still Louis Carey. I believe he's match fit and available to play. So he needs to add to his appearances record and get on the pitch. He already has everything El Abd was brought in to provide. Experience, toughness, organisational ability, and can guide and help those around him. Of course he makes mistakes and is not as fast as he used to be and long term fitness may be a problem.

But this club means more to him I suspect than all of the others put together. He's being paid so why isn't he being played?

It's as if SC said you can get your record then you are done.

Yup he was getting rave reviews under SC...until Al Abd came in and SC started shuffling the pack. Williams also seems to of suffered since Al Abd's arrival, could just be coincidence of course...

I heard al Abd is also at fault for the middle east crisis, the credit crunch and the recession

It's obviously al abds fault Williams gave the ball away for wolves 2nd goal

It's obviously al abds fault Flint and Parish can't communicate with eachother for Brentfords second goal

And of course it's ALL his fault Parish is a dreadful goalkeeper and couldn't catch a cold

I heard al Abd is also at fault for the middle east crisis, the credit crunch and the recession

It's obviously al abds fault Williams gave the ball away for wolves 2nd goal

It's obviously al abds fault Flint and Parish can't communicate with eachother for Brentfords second goal

And of course it's ALL his fault Parish is a dreadful goalkeeper and couldn't catch a cold

And it is quite clearly a joint **** up between El Abd and Cotterill that caused Flint to inexplicably slice the ball into his own net last night. I mean, what the hell are they playing at? 

Flint is poor and short on skill! The player was kind of bringing it around with the aid of Osbourne and Williams but has gone backward since the arrival of In Ept.

You don't sign up to be a City fan unless you are prepared for some comedy players and moments, it's part of our life! However as for some of the comments about support, this club is the envy of most clubs in this division we take a good following away and normally make it somewhat hostile at home. We are garbage but it's not my fault or the fault of the support that has turned in numbers to watch garbage for months/years.

Criticism for critics, sake (ala Lee Johnson et al) is not wanted or needed but saying a player or players are crap when they so obviously truly are is not a stretch and as pro's they have to man up and turn it around. That's why they get the big bucks!! This also applies to the manager! We are crap and yet played with no fight or heart as no one has any confidence in Flint Parish or anything in our half of the field. Man up all of you. There is no excuse for cowardice and that was what our traveling hundreds saw at Brentford!! Disgraceful.

Flint is poor and short on skill! The player was kind of bringing it around with the aid of Osbourne and Williams but has gone backward since the arrival of In Ept.

You don't sign up to be a City fan unless you are prepared for some comedy players and moments, it's part of our life! However as for some of the comments about support, this club is the envy of most clubs in this division we take a good following away and normally make it somewhat hostile at home. We are garbage but it's not my fault or the fault of the support that has turned in numbers to watch garbage for months/years.

Criticism for critics, sake (ala Lee Johnson et al) is not wanted or needed but saying a player or players are crap when they so obviously truly are is not a stretch and as pro's they have to man up and turn it around. That's why they get the big bucks!! This also applies to the manager! We are crap and yet played with no fight or heart as no one has any confidence in Flint Parish or anything in our half of the field. Man up all of you. There is no excuse for cowardice and that was what our traveling hundreds saw at Brentford!! Disgraceful.

Agree with this.

The individuals on the pitch can either blame the manager, fans or themselves.

On a matchday I happen to believe that BCFC fans aren't particularly hostile and all but the softest of mummy's-boys should be able to cope with it.

Now, either the players aren't good enough (in the sense of silky skills) or, after plenty of time together, they simply haven't got the footballing brains/aptitude to support each other.  I struggle to blame SC or SL for last night.  You can easily lose and still look hungry and energetic.  That's the player's job.

But thats the point.....generally speaking it's not City fans that believe we are a big club.....its a myth perpetuated by sagheads.

Tell me this.....when a new player signs and trotts out the usual "its a big club"......do you agree with him or, like most of us, do you scoff at the suggestion?

I think it's Abode of Lollocks, but some people on here clearly go along with it :(

And it is quite clearly a joint **** up between El Abd and Cotterill that caused Flint to inexplicably slice the ball into his own net last night. I mean, what the hell are they playing at?

You have completely misinterpreted what he was saying as has Ian.

The defence was finally looking stronger with Osbourne Flint and Williams then he goes and buys El Abd shuffles it around to fit in the new man and it goes pete tong again

If something is starting to improve why would you change it?

You have completely misinterpreted what he was saying as has Ian.

The defence was finally looking stronger with Osbourne Flint and Williams then he goes and buys El Abd shuffles it around to fit in the new man and it goes pete tong again

If something is starting to improve why would you change it?

Not at all. I personally wouldn't have changed it either but you simply cannot legislate for the type of mistakes being made in the last few games, they are down to the individuals - not who you are playing along side.

Not at all. I personally wouldn't have changed it either but you simply cannot legislate for the type of mistakes being made in the last few games, they are down to the individuals - not who you are playing along side.

He's the new manager, FFS - he's expected to change things!

If isn't going to change things, why appoint a new manager?

He's the new manager, FFS - he's expected to change things!

If isn't going to change things, why appoint a new manager?

Not sure whether your question is genuine or taking the piss so probably safest not to answer :thumbsup:

But because El Abd is a new signing he kind of has to disrupt the back line to fit him in

El Abds ARRIVAL has dented the performances of Flint and Williams also the overall teams performance. Round Pegs Square Holes, playing 4 CBs isn't going to work

Not sure whether your question is genuine or taking the piss so probably safest not to answer :thumbsup:

Perfectly genuine. Presumably SC was appointed to change things, so it's unreasonable to complain when he does.

Mind you, any guess about our board's intentions has to allow for its total incompetence :(

Perfectly genuine. Presumably SC was appointed to change things, so it's unreasonable to complain when he does.

Mind you, any guess about our board's intentions has to allow for its total incompetence :(

Fair do's, I just think that the defence had finally begun to look like something that resembled a defence for the first time in ages and that it was unnecessary to tinker with it. That said, it doesn't excuse the individual errors that have happened since.

Also think El Abd will become a very good player for us.

distriution..usual (bar one great50 yard pass!!) won most in the air especially when we needed at the end..but doesnt look comfortable with the ball at his feet,wouldnt say he was shocking and worried for him when the crowd started to get at him when he gave the ball away second half.Think he does ok but would be more comfortable hoofing when he recieves the ball

Archived