IGNORED

Oh.. The Irony..

SimplyRed

The irony is that Brentford as League leaders scraped together a meagre crowd of 6,500.......If we were at home and top of the league we could expect double that at least, it makes you realise what a sad state of affairs our current situation is.   Despite fantastic fans and a chairman who is extremely wealthy and generous with his money.......we continue to squander opportunities and still cannot produce a commited, organised winning football team, despite all these apparent advantages.  Having seen our second hand car salesman/chancer of a manager continue to waffle excuses and struggle to produce a coherent style of play...........it really makes me despair.  This really is an absurd and futile Football Club.   Success seems a very very long way away............................I'll get my coat.

No, you're dead right about making a plan and sticking to it. I'm just bewailing our utter failure to do so :(

Even more ironically I couldn't find this article when I went back to the site, so I went to the archive and typed in "consistency" as my filter.... There were similar articles, from SOD,  DMC and Milly!

I know there are some people on here that think that I just want to go back to one of those managers, but they are wrong. Obviously I would like to see a Manager with a philosophy of building the club up from the roots, but I don't really care who it is as long as they get the chance to see it through. There are going to be setbacks along the way of course, but I want to see some steadfastness, not buckling under pressure all the time.

It worries me that we seem to have given the plan to build from the bottom up about 5 minutes in real terms, before we are returning to the policy of bringing in "journeymen" whom the next manager will be stuck with until they can pay off their contracts. We have tried that for a lot longer and it hasn't proved very successful has it?

I know this makes me sound like a boring old fart, but I have to reiterate; it can't be a coincidence that the two most successful periods we have had since I started supporting this club, have been under two of our longest serving Managers, in Alan Dicks and Gary Johnson.

They say that those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it, for some reason our current masters only seem to want to repeat the bits that will send us to our doom.

Jesus! I am starting to sound like Ashton Yate! And I used get called a "happyclapper"..............

Even more ironically I couldn't find this article when I went back to the site, so I went to the archive and typed in "consistency" as my filter.... There were similar articles, from SOD,  DMC and Milly!

I know there are some people on here that think that I just want to go back to one of those managers, but they are wrong. Obviously I would like to see a Manager with a philosophy of building the club up from the roots, but I don't really care who it is as long as they get the chance to see it through. There are going to be setbacks along the way of course, but I want to see some steadfastness, not buckling under pressure all the time.

It worries me that we seem to have given the plan to build from the bottom up about 5 minutes in real terms, before we are returning to the policy of bringing in "journeymen" whom the next manager will be stuck with until they can pay off their contracts. We have tried that for a lot longer and it hasn't proved very successful has it?

I know this makes me sound like a boring old fart, but I have to reiterate; it can't be a coincidence that the two most successful periods we have had since I started supporting this club, have been under two of our longest serving Managers, in Alan Dicks and Gary Johnson.

They say that those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it, for some reason our current masters only seem to want to repeat the bits that will send us to our doom.

Jesus! I am starting to sound like Ashton Yate! And I used get called a "happyclapper"..............

That's what is so frustrating. All the circus upstairs seem able to do is take the worst mistakes we have made in the last ten years and repeat them ad nauseum. You would think that the Major Shareholder (I think that is the latest title) would have been able to work that out by now.

Ladies & Gentlemen - welcome to The White Elephant stadium. Proud home of 4th division club Bristol City

Season tickets to the Elephant's Arse End now on sale. Don't miss out on Accrington Stanley and Morecombe at home during August......

there is no need to be cynical. Accrington are a good side, we'll be lucky to get a point of them.

gonna need to change the dynamic of the chatroom, im sick of being utterly fed up every Saturday, any ideas.

More cider, German Pils, Jack Daniels, Brandy and gin, the pain fades after a piss up in a brewery..just watch you dont stand on Horace, that is not kosher..

gonna need to change the dynamic of the chatroom, im sick of being utterly fed up every Saturday, any ideas.

We could just ignore the match and try to do what girlies do ....communicate .

Or pretend we support someone good .

No ,it does n't work does it ? We'll just have to join masochists anonymous..

Hi I'm Always the Bridesmaid and i'm a Bristol City supporter .

Archived