IGNORED

Andy Flower

Monkeh

A head had to roll for the shambles over the past few months. I guess the ECB said KP is staying in the team.

he's another who should retire, he's not been up to standard for a few years now,

I've always hated opening batsmen as captains they have enough to deal with, for me a captain should be a bowler/wicket keeper,

as much as I dis-like broad i'd give him a go or even prior

he's another who should retire, he's not been up to standard for a few years now,

I've always hated opening batsmen as captains they have enough to deal with, for me a captain should be a bowler/wicket keeper,

as much as I dis-like broad i'd give him a go or even prior

Do you not think bowlers/wicketkeepers also have enough to do? Your captain should be whoever is best suited to being captain. I think I'd stick with Cook myself; still relatively young in cricket terms and one of the few batsmen still gaurenteed a spot in the side

Shame it's ended like this for Flower as he had a very good run, no idea who the next man in line will be. Can't see Giles getting the nod right now

Stephen Fleming would be my choice to replace Flower.

As for Kp, he still averages 47 in test cricket and is still capable of smashing a ton on his day.

He's become inconsistent and his form has dipped but I don't see any other batsman that can improve the run rate in an innings.

He's made a scapegoat in my opinion. I'd build a young side around kp. Buttler,Root,Jordan e.c.t

Do you not think bowlers/wicketkeepers also have enough to do? Your captain should be whoever is best suited to being captain. I think I'd stick with Cook myself; still relatively young in cricket terms and one of the few batsmen still gaurenteed a spot in the side

Shame it's ended like this for Flower as he had a very good run, no idea who the next man in line will be. Can't see Giles getting the nod right now

Bowls are telling the captain where to place the field anyway and the wicket keeper is also best placed to do that as well,

I just don't think cook is captain material and its no coincedence his bad form started when he took over the captaincy, he needs to step away from it and rediscover his form,

If Swan was still playing I'd of made him captain, but a real issue for me is there doesn't appear to be a leader in the team at present which if cook does go will prove to be a real problem

Bowls are telling the captain where to place the field anyway and the wicket keeper is also best placed to do that as well,

I just don't think cook is captain material and its no coincedence his bad form started when he took over the captaincy, he needs to step away from it and rediscover his form,

If Swan was still playing I'd of made him captain, but a real issue for me is there doesn't appear to be a leader in the team at present which if cook does go will prove to be a real problem

Cooks average as captain is better than his overall average. Marginally, but there was no real loss of form until this tour

A bit disappointed. Of course it was a dreadful series but he's probably been one of England's best ever coaches. The King of Spain would hardly be an inspiring appointment but I can't see that they'll approach anyone else. Think Cook should stay on as captain, people say that he's negative but so was Strauss and it didn't work out so badly for him.

Archived