IGNORED

Well Done Today...you Deserve Credit

PFree

To Steve C I say welll done today, I'm not sure the correct team and formation started but you were brave enough to change it and risk the wrath of the 'city faithful' early enough to make a difference - dare I say it that has SOD still been in charge that game would have been lost today?

And finally, well done to the fans for really getting behind the side and for helping to carry us home (just a shame a number of posts on here only concentrate on slagging our players off as usual though ;) )

Anyway, onwards and upwards, fingers crossed we get another three points on Tuesday night.

COYR

To Steve C I say welll done today, I'm not sure the correct team and formation started but you were brave enough to change it and risk the wrath of the 'city faithful' early enough to make a difference - dare I say it that has SOD still been in charge that game would have been lost today?

And finally, well done to the fans for really getting behind the side and for helping to carry us home (just a shame a number of posts on here only concentrate on slagging our players off as usual though ;) )

Anyway, onwards and upwards, fingers crossed we get another three points on Tuesday night.

COYR

Welcome to OTIB.

COYR

Your pissed right ?

1st half was the worst I have seen for a while, and while walking back along the concourse ready for the second half, actually had me thinking this is a chore as opposed to something I look forward to, and ive never though like that before at the gate.

2nd half was not much better.

We beat a piss poor team with a smash and grab at 2 corners,and whilst yes the 2nd half was better, if we continue to play the same as said 2nd half we will go down, because anyone a bit better would have run all over us.....

Your pissed right ?

1st half was the worst I have seen for a while, and while walking back along the concourse ready for the second half, actually had me thinking this is a chore as opposed to something I look forward to, and ive never though like that before at the gate.

We beat a piss poor team with a smash and grab at 2 corners,and whilst yes the 2nd half was better, if we continue to play the same as said 2nd half we will go down, because anyone a bit better would have run all over us.....

I agree with your views on today's game but did you not think it was "a chore" under DMC or SOD, I certainly did.

Your pissed right ?

Nope, absolutely sober thanks.

We've played better and lost, I wasn't suggesting we played well. What I was suggesting though was that the timely changes did make a difference - just imagine what would have been all over here if we had lost?

I was simply saying SC was brave to make those decisions and that they did make a difference, all three subs I thought played well, especially Marvin and Wes, Managers are paid to make difficult decisions and for me, the subs today made a positive difference.

Confidence is really important in football so lets hope the win helps us move forwards...

In fairness, although I thought it was the worst half of non football I'd seen this season, the playing conditions were absolutely appalling with swirling gale force gusts and heavy rain, slippery pitch etc.

I was playing 6 miles up the road, I agree conditions were very difficult today!

Your pissed right ?

Why not take yesterday as one of those wins we never thought we'd get being 1 down at ht ? No we didn't play well, but we showed grit and we fought hard. The conditions were atrocious also, so to get 3 points from nothing is especially pleasing.

Upset that he got it right in the end?

No - delighted! Just saying that it wasn't a difficult decision: I think he'd have been slated for not changing it after that first half. The only difficult choice was which of 10 players to take off! It was the right changes though - and good to see Burns getting a whole half and making a consistent impact, not just last 10 minutes.

An ugly win in ugly conditions. Is still Three points. Something we didnt look like achieving earlier. As for the worst performance of the season ? Without a doubt that has to be Sheff Utd. A dire excuse for football against the worst team I have seen at the gate this season.

Why the swipe at SOD? Whose to say SOD would have picked that starting lineup? For one we probably wouldn't have Wade Elliott

Maybe not, but one thing Sean would never do was admit his idea was wrong. Hauling WE off was admitting he'd blundered with his team selection. O'Driscoll's ego was such that such a change would only have been made at about 75 mins and yes it would've been too late.

Pride. That was our last manager's downfall.

Too many degrees I can see Cotterill's a less sophisticated tactician than him, but you have to give credit where it's due for being prepared to rip up your initial plan. Which is what happened on Saturday.

Maybe not, but one thing Sean would never do was admit his idea was wrong. Hauling WE off was admitting he'd blundered with his team selection. O'Driscoll's ego was such that such a change would only have been made at about 75 mins and yes it would've been too late.

Too many degrees I can see Cotterill's a less sophisticated tactician than him, but you have to give credit where it's due for being prepared to rip up your initial plan. Which is what happened on Saturday.

FFS Robbo - stop talking sense! It worries me :ph34r:

I think Honesty was our last manager's downfall .

Archived