IGNORED

Team .v. Coventry

old_eastender

The team should be:

.................................Moore................................... ..Moloney.........flint.........Williams....Cunningham.................................Elabd..................................

........wagstaff........m.elliot..............Reid..............

..................baldock..........jet...................................

Subs: Barnett, fielding, burns, Bryan, Elliot, gillett, pack

The team should be:

.................................Moore................................... ..Moloney.........flint.........Williams....Cunningham.................................Elabd..................................

........wagstaff........m.elliot..............Reid................

..................baldock..........jet...................................

Subs: Barnett, fielding, burns, Bryan, Elliot, gillett, pack

Why you playing El Abd REALLY wide left?

Hats of to flint conditions were awfully out there yesterday so all players from both sides were going to make mistakes and they did but despite getting booed on the ball he rolled his sleeves up got stuck in and kept going to the end it was not great football but what do people expect , think you will see a better performance now Tuesday night just hope we can get 3 points well done crowd and players second half at the end of the day it was a great come back .

q78sm72

Hats of to flint conditions were awfully out there yesterday so all players from both sides were going to make mistakes and they did but despite getting booed on the ball he rolled his sleeves up got stuck in and kept going to the end it was not great football but what do people expect , think you will see a better performance now Tuesday night just hope we can get 3 points well done crowd and players second half at the end of the day it was a great come back .

Forum members who actually attended the game are quick to ridicule flint and el abd, but once we changed to a flat back four they both looked more settled and flint in particular handled the late aerial pressure from carlisle well.

It's got to be 4-3-3 for me we need jet in our side and for me he's got to play in a midfield 3 like he did for last 20 mins.

Moore

Waggy/Maloney Flint. El abd. Cunningham

Jet. Pack. Marv

Burns. Barnett. Baldock

It's interesting; always thought JET's often criticised style (i.e. being a bit less mobile and energetic) might actually suit midfield, if we put the players in there who balance that.  The more involved he is the better.

The Tamworth game, where he played as the withdrawn forward in a front 3, seemed to work, although against admittedly poor (though rugged and hard-working) opposition.

It's got to be 4-3-3 for me we need jet in our side and for me he's got to play in a midfield 3 like he did for last 20 mins.

Moore

Waggy/Maloney Flint. El abd. Cunningham

Jet. Pack. Marv

Burns. Barnett. Baldock

Burns has the Albert affect. But like Albert he will struggle to play a defensive role if he is played as a wing back in a midfield 5.

Why would you say that? Seems quite well balanced to me, I would have Osborne in For El Abd but he maybe just gettig back from fitness

Wagstaff isn't a rightback, perhaps you can get away with Right Wing Back but he's done well in RM so doesn't make sense to move him there.

Pack and Elliot don't compliment eachother well enough to be a CM partnership in a 442 for a whole 90 minutes and I wouldn't risk playing two young lads on the wings in a totally different system (442) to what we've been playing all season.

I don't think Barnett is match fit yet and it's difficult to justify starting him ahead of JET who even when not playing well created a goal yesterday.

...all seem convinced Moore is automatic -- missed yesterday so how did he play?

From the ateyo it looked like he got a hand to there goal, but all game he caught a few crosses and some very quick throw outs/goal kick got a few attacks started.

But even if he didn't have a good game(he did though), as SC said, changing your 'keeper every week won't help your defence

For starters El-Abd has to be central. I can only assume the people suggesting he plays RB or DM haven't seen the last 4 games. Whilst 3 at the back yesterday he got pulled out of position all too often and gave away the free kick that lead to the goal because of it.

However in the second half when SC put El-Abd and Flint CB they both looked very dominant. El-Abd certainly looked a very good player for the first time.

I'm still unsure why people want Barnett to start Tuesday? Can I ask why? He offered next to nothing at Brentford and again yesterday. For a big bloke he needs to hold it up more and he kept putting us under pressure yesterday with his awful touch and sloppy play.

It's very difficult to know what to do on Tuesday with regards to formation. Everyone keeps saying we need 3 in the middle as we get over run, but we get over run anyway! After an initial solid look to us playing 3-5-2 after changing the back 3 it now just isn't working. I think we need to go to a 4-2-3-1 type formation.

I think Burns has done enough to start now. The dynamic of the team changes with him in the team and we look a better side and more of a threat going forward. Reid has been way off it for a while now. It might be worth playing him on the left of 3 behind the striker and getting him to tuck in and make a 3 in the middle when we are under pressure. If not I would leave him out and get Wagstaff to do that and slot Moloney in at RB.

Something like this....

Moore

Wagstaff/Moloney

Flint

El-Abd

Cunningham

Pack

Marv

Burns

JET

Reid/Wagstaff

Baldock

Makes me laugh how suddenly Marvin Elliot is suddenly the answer to all our prayers. It was only a few months ago that everyone wanted rid of him. Maybe JET should be dropped, I dunno if we can afford a luxury player at the moment

Not all of us wanted rid ... i think were a better team with Marv in it and Pack showed me why hes important yesterday too , can only ask 100% of players and Marv gives that for sure

Moore

Moloney

El Abd

Williams

Cunningham

Burns

Elliott

Pack

Bryan

Baldock

JET

442,round pegs in round holes.

Why anybody would pick Flint or Barnett is beyond me, they were both abysmal.

No Wagstaff? Really? I would keep him at right back, thought he looked comfortable yesterday. Maloney has shown so many times that he is too weak defensively imo

Archived