IGNORED

Moore Genuinely Looked Happy To Win

M_Porter

And yes I know "So he should"

But I was pleasantly surprised with his reaction at the final whistle, was giving it plenty and he genuinely looked like a guy that had won the lotto.

Was nice to see that a loan player gets right in with the fight from the start

Of coarse knowing us I suspect we will beat that out of him and he will become a dribbling mess by the end of the season, but a good start showing he is up for it, and worth a mention I feel.

Cheers

Mark

I would say he did what he needed to do, was a few misunderstandings with coming for balls, but nothing too dangerous and that will get better, he is a big lad that's for sure, and better than ive seen so far between the sticks for us this season.

That being said for as bad as the match was, he didnt have a lot to do, the goal perhaps he could have got a stronger hand to it, but it was low, and through a crowd.

Overall I was happy m8 :) also knows how to waiste a bit of time by kicking moving balls ;)

I would say he did what he needed to do, was a few misunderstandings with coming for balls, but nothing too dangerous and that will get better, he is a big lad that's for sure, and better than ive seen so far between the sticks for us this season.

That being said for as bad as the match was, he didnt have a lot to do, the goal perhaps he could have got a stronger hand to it, but it was low, and through a crowd.

Overall I was happy m8 :) also knows how to waiste a bit of time by kicking moving balls ;)

Thanks...sounds promising-hope to hear him screaming at the guys in front of him and bossing em around!..

He def should of done better with the goal.

The wall did not do it's job, the guy on the end jumped up for some inexplicable reason and the ball went under him, the wall was set up to cover the near post and had the guy on the end not jumped up it would have done what it was set up to do, also it was a stupid and unnecessary free kick to give away by El Abd in the first place.

I thought he did well in atricious conditions for a keeper.   Not at fault for the goal as the wall should've done better.  I was impressed with how well he held on to the ball for a few saves when oppo were following in .  The sort of stops that Fielding/Parrish have spilled int the past and led to goals.  Impressive debut and very pleased with his reaction at the end.

For a start the shot shouldn't have gone straight through the wall and if it does the keeper is on the back foot straight away

Not disputing that but he actually got to it and really should of kept it out once he did that. Apart from that he was fine though.

I thought that's what we wanted from a tough midfielder?

I would prefer to blame the wall that separated. The ball went right through it. No excuse for that.

And his reaction straight after it went in with the gesture to the spot it went thru backs that up .. if the wall doesnt do its job keeper can be made to look poor ... nothing new there with us

The wall was moore at fault than Simon hehehe. It was obvious the way the lad positioned himself for a run up he was going to drill it and they shouldn't have left the ground.

Thought that too. Abysmal defending from professionals. Anyone see who was to blame for jumping?

I'd have to see it again before blaming him but he almost kept it out and the 'wall' has to take some blame.

He seemed keen to come out and take crosses which will be a big help.

Please can defenders have a chat with him this week and work out which is his kicking foot. So many back passes played to his weaker foot and none of them spotted it.

Good to see him deal with crosses, the punch in the first half was an excellent decision

The goal for me was fortunate, would like to see the replay but driving the ball along the floor is like chipping a penalty, I thought the wall all jumped and it worked, how many times do you see a free-kick hit the wall and the striker look crap? Potts called our bluff and scored, nothing a keepr should be expected to do and it it's run along the floor, the wall called it wrong.

You can't see from a run up if a player is going to drive a ball or chip it, the same player had a free-kick in the second half which he hit over the wall and over the bar with a similar run up.

That said, we would have been lucky to go in at 0-0 and it was down to Moore that we weren't further behind, so far so good - confidence can be described as rising

Archived