IGNORED

My Team For Coventry

Swindon8er

...Moore...

......Carey......Flnt.......AlAbd..........Cunningham

.......Pack.........

Burns.........M. Elliot

.                            ...JET.....

......Baldock.....Barnett

Is Carey fit because for me he'd be perfect at right back? Calm head experienced and Maloney is garbage.

I'd give Burns the start..

Whatever team is selected Coventry will provide tough opposition even without the centre forward. Saw them at arsenal and even though 4 nil looked easy, they could have scored a couple hitting the post and missed a couple of good chances. Thought when they had the ball they used it well and looked a good side. A point would not be a disaster however on the back of Carlisle back to back wins would be huge at this stage of the season.

I think Bobby Reid needs a rest. He hasn't been very effective in the last few games. I'd also drop Wade Elliot for Marv to give a physical presence in the middle!

................................Moore

...............El Abd......Flint.......Williams

Wagstaff....Gillett....Marv....Pack....Cunningham

........................JET.......Baldock

Is Carey fit because for me he'd be perfect at right back? Calm head experienced and Maloney is garbage.

I'd give Burns the start..

Maloney is garbage?? That's harsh, on yesterdays showing El Abd makes him look like Cafu in comparison. I'm not sure why, but I get the impression that SC doesn't rate him. If we are playing 4 at the back then Maloney would be my choice for the RB spot even though I like Louis.

Maloney is garbage?? That's harsh, on yesterdays showing El Abd makes him look like Cafu in comparison. I'm not sure why, but I get the impression that SC doesn't rate him. If we are playing 4 at the back then Maloney would be my choice for the RB spot even though I like Louis.

I would go with this. Straight back four players are comfortable with that. Id sit marv to seek and destroy.waggie and bryan to run the lines with jet prowling the middle area behind front two.waggie and bryan can tuck in when play is on opposite side

Moore

Maloney el abd flint cunningham

Marv

Wagstaff. Bryan

Jet

Baldock. Barnett

Why compare El Abd with Maloney? They play different positions, Maloney is a right back (poor one at that imo) and El Abd is a centre back who as proved in the second half prefers to play in a flat back 4 rather than as one of the 3 centre backs. I would play with the same back 4 that finished the game on Saturday, with Waggy at right back, leaving Wes Burns to play right midfield personally.

Starting XI (4-3-1-2):

Moore

El Abd/Flint/Osborne/Williams

Burns/Elliott/Pack

JET

Barnett/Baldock

Bench:

Parish

Moloney

Carey

Wagstaff

Gillett

Reid

Bryan

Lining up with a flat back four, let's get at them early and try to get in front, as there isn't much on the bench in terms of attacking options.

Why compare El Abd with Maloney? They play different positions, Maloney is a right back (poor one at that imo) and El Abd is a centre back who as proved in the second half prefers to play in a flat back 4 rather than as one of the 3 centre backs. I would play with the same back 4 that finished the game on Saturday, with Waggy at right back, leaving Wes Burns to play right midfield personally.

Maloney on paper is the best right back we have and Wagstaff isn't a right back even though he filled in there admirably.

Starting XI (4-3-1-2):

Moore

El Abd/Flint/Osborne/Williams

Burns/Elliott/Pack

JET

Barnett/Baldock

Bench:

Parish

Moloney

Carey

Wagstaff

Gillett

Reid

Bryan

Lining up with a flat back four, let's get at them early and try to get in front, as there isn't much on the bench in terms of attacking options.

Cunningham..?? How can you leave him out..

GK Moore

LB Bryan (is he fit) or Williams

CB Al Abd

CB Flint

RB Osbourne (if he's back)

LM Burns

CM Marv

CM Pack

RM Wagstaff

STK Baldock

STK Jet

Not very creative in the middle but you know what Jet is like he'll float all over getting the ball so I think that could work.

I think Bobby Reid needs a rest. He hasn't been very effective in the last few games. I'd also drop Wade Elliot for Marv to give a physical presence in the middle!

................................Moore

...............El Abd......Flint.......Williams

Wagstaff....Gillett....Marv....Pack....Cunningham

........................JET.......Baldock

Would like to see this

If Cotts goes 4-3-3 at some point i'd rather he take El Abd or Flint out than Williams though (For Barnett) - as sketchy as he's looked recently, he's naturally left footed and El Abd isn't

I would go with this. Straight back four players are comfortable with that. Id sit marv to seek and destroy.waggie and bryan to run the lines with jet prowling the middle area behind front two.waggie and bryan can tuck in when play is on opposite side

Moore

Maloney el abd flint cunningham

Marv

Wagstaff. Bryan

Jet

Baldock. Barnett

!!!  We would be overrun.

Whilst they have good strikers, Wilson is out yes but people are forgetting for me their best player, frank moussa (however you spell it), quality midfielder in the ilk that we are crying out for. We need two tackling midfielders in the middle of the park to compete with him or we will be completely over run.

Id play a team of

Moore

Wagstaff EL abd  Williams  Cunningham

Elliot  

Pack

Burns              Jet

Barnett  Baldock

Subs: Maloney, Flint, Bryan, Reid, Fielding, W.elliot, Gillett

Waggy at right back because he did okay there Saturday, and Maloney has been powder puff the last few times he has played.

Archived