IGNORED

Coventry City Government Petition

Chappers

Any idea what the stadium owners are doing with the place?

Any risk of them going out of business and selling the ground to Cov for a knockdown price?

Its only worth what someone will pay for it ....

didn't Coventry fc try to buy it back price based on an independent valuation but they were told to up the price and they said no, not 100% sure I am right here but thought I heard their chairmN on sky saying this

The Council own the stadium, so rumour is that the new Coventry owners (Same people, different name, and deemed 'Fit & Proper') want the Council to be desperate to sell, so they can buy it on the cheap.

Feel free to correct if I've got this wrong.

Super - See your point, but what's happening in football transcends any Club loyalty, and it's time for fans to unite against these excesses. You never know who will be next.

Signed it. Something needs to be done about owners trying to change the heritage/area of a football club. Its just wrong.

I agree with it in principle, but how do you define what is and isn't heritage in relation to a club?

Playing devils advocate, we're about to wipe out plenty of heritage with the demolition of the East End and Williams, and I'm looking forward to its replacement.

I agree with it in principle, but how do you define what is and isn't heritage in relation to a club?

Playing devils advocate, we're about to wipe out plenty of heritage with the demolition of the East End and Williams, and I'm looking forward to its replacement.

Fair point. Although having new facilities is a must and we are staying at our spiritual home one could argue. Changing what makes a club like colour location ( ala mk) or club name for branding shouldn't be allowed unless it has majority fan backing imo

Did we get any support from Cov fans for our stadium bid or from any other club. No one from outside of Bristol gives a damn about this club.

Couldnt give a toss about Cov. All this fans utd makes me cringe.

Id hope that if anything went tits up with city we'd get the support of the wider footballing community.

These things hurt all football clubs by-proxy. Sometimes you need to put petty rivalries to one side and think of the bigger picture.

Id hope that if anything went tits up with city we'd get the support of the wider footballing community.

These things hurt all football clubs by-proxy. Sometimes you need to put petty rivalries to one side and think of the bigger picture.

Plus we may not have had support from Cov but the Brighton chairman came down and spoke in favour of the new ground. Slightly missing the point I know, but it shows we've had support from other clubs in our hour of need, so it doesn't hurt to give it back once in a while.

The only exception to that is the franchise in my book.

I don't know if it's just me getting old and miserable but we do appear to have a lot of false niceness in our society these days.

Everybody loves to jump on a campaign to feel important about something they don't give a shit about.

Sign here if you believe such and such, clap at this moment if you wish to say something to this person, donate to this charity because some foreign person is horrible, pray for this person you don't know, be disgusted and outraged at an internet video that shows a small clip of some event.

Ok, yeah it probably is just me getting old and miserable.

I don't know if it's just me getting old and miserable but we do appear to have a lot of false niceness in our society these days.

Everybody loves to jump on a campaign to feel important about something they don't give a shit about.

Sign here if you believe such and such, clap at this moment if you wish to say something to this person, donate to this charity because some foreign person is horrible, pray for this person you don't know, be disgusted and outraged at an internet video that shows a small clip of some event.

Ok, yeah it probably is just me getting old and miserable.

Without the internet we never had the opportunity before ...

Archived