IGNORED

Weather Threads ...... (Merged)

extonsred

• Admin

No offence intended to the OP

But I do find it amusing every time that rain is forecast that someone panics.

Like has been said many times before the drainage at AG8 is one of the best in the league and it has taken very unordinarry downpurs to affect a game (Notts Co / Watford).

It's important to remember that we have top groundstaff at AG8, and they are fully aware of any potential downpours and as we have seem many times recently will keep the pitch covered until as late as possible to ensure any incliment weather doesn't impact us at all.

In other words there is nothing to worry about - we are talking about football not cricket!

We played with the wind first half on Saturday :shutup:

Difficult to tell at the gate, the wind tends to swirl around, during the 1st half on Saturday Jet chased a ball towards the Atyeo end that took off and then 5 minutes later a Carlisle player chased one towards the east end that gathered pace. You can tell by the corner flags that for some reason the wind swirls around. It has always been the same at AG.

The worst conditions I've witnessed down the AG was when we drew 2-2 v Wolves. It was swirling in every direction! Great game though and was televised on Sky.

Also Cardiff in the cup a few years ago, Snow EVERYWHERE!

Was that when Adebola battled through the wind and played it across to Maynard to score?

God Ade was a beast not sure why we got rid of him

No offence intended to the OP

But I do find it amusing every time that rain is forecast that someone panics.

Like has been said many times before the drainage at AG8 is one of the best in the league and it has taken very unordinarry downpurs to affect a game (Notts Co / Watford).

It's important to remember that we have top groundstaff at AG8, and they are fully aware of any potential downpours and as we have seem many times recently will keep the pitch covered until as late as possible to ensure any incliment weather doesn't impact us at all.

In other words there is nothing to worry about - we are talking about football not cricket!

We shall see....coming up from taunton -- even a good draining ground is now full to saturation and heavy rain will take an increasing amount of time to drain away irrespective of how good your groundsman is -- all to do with when the rain actually arrives.

BBC says light rain to start by 6, then heavy rain from about 7 right through until the early hours.

We'll be at home dried out by then and hopefully 3 points will have made the inevitable soaking worthwhile.

Upper Dolman for me tonight, 

BBC says light rain to start by 6, then heavy rain from about 7 right through until the early hours.

We'll be at home dried out by then and hopefully 3 points will have made the inevitable soaking worthwhile.

Upper Dolman for me tonight, 

Met office saying the heavy stuff due after nine.

Archived