IGNORED

Kp

Rob k

• Admin

The problem with KP is that he has always been an individual, never played for "the team"

There has to be something wrong with the player as EVERY club he has played at has ended in controversy, and there is only one common factor in that.

Yeah he is a good batsman, but if he unsettles the whole set up surely he has to be gotten rid of?

I'm not suggesting that KP was to blame for the horrendous tour to Australia, but would certainly explain why the team seemed so ill at ease and the fact that the decision has been made now.

I am curious what would happen if Flowers' replacement came in and said he wanted KP back in the team?

• Admin

If he was half as good as HE thinks he is he would be unsackable! Never liked him AND he's South African .

Always remember when he played at Somerset for Surrey, he stood fielding by the boundary rope all day, never celebrated a wicket, and stood on his own at drinks etc - that was always something odd that sticks in my memory

Why get rid our best batsman, as proven by the averages against Australia?

His average since he came back into the team in January 2012 is a little under 42. That's not 'best batsmen' average. I would guess (and it is a guess) that a number of other English batsmen have better averages than that- Cook, Bell, possibly Root and Prior?

It's a strange one alright. There's not going to be much experience in the batting department with him excluded and Trott's illness. Bell and Cook will certainly have a lot of work to do as the senior guys. Could be a good thing to rebuild the batting line up now though, time will tell. I guess that this means Bell will move up the order at any rate, assuming that we don't see Trott back for a while of course.

Our best batsman is still there (cook)

:)  I do think some people get batsman and big hitter mixed up.

Bloke should never have come back after the text scandal.

Good exciting player, bad attitude and not a team player.  

No individual should bring the collective down, and quite rightly he is gone, Test cricket really needs a different mentality when under the cosh, that he doesn't have.  At the end of the day you are only as good as your last performance, and his have slowly beeen getting worse, not the hardest decision to make when you roll it all up into pros and cons.

The problem with KP is that he has always been an individual, never played for "the team"

There has to be something wrong with the player as EVERY club he has played at has ended in controversy, and there is only one common factor in that.

Yeah he is a good batsman, but if he unsettles the whole set up surely he has to be gotten rid of?

I'm not suggesting that KP was to blame for the horrendous tour to Australia, but would certainly explain why the team seemed so ill at ease and the fact that the decision has been made now.

I am curious what would happen if Flowers' replacement came in and said he wanted KP back in the team?

I expect behind closed doors Giles is already being lined up as replacement, think he was also one of the ones in the meeting with Cook when telling KP

Archived