IGNORED

Has The Club ..............

NATCHER

moved forward?????????

I can't remember a calling for DW's head, let alone replacing it with an untried rookie manager.

This smacks of Denis Smiths' dismissal ("senior professionals")and we all know what happened after that.

I have gone on record on "Prediction League" saying some people had personnal agendas on the appalling treatment of DW and today has just gone to prove my suspicions!!!

So, have we moved forward ?

Re. the pay-off - Lansdown mentioned on Radio Brizzle earlier that we had a clause in the contract that any compensation payout would only be one years worth salary.

So probably closer to £100,000 than £250,000, maybe less if bonuses were included in the original contract package

So have we moved forward?.

I think yes we have. "winning is everything"-"defeat is not a failure"."a wet bird never flies at night!".It's all bo**ocks,what matters is where we are at the end of the season and guess what,same as before.

So yeah I reckon we have moved forward,maybe in a somewhat unpredicted way but let's hope Tinman will have a bit more common than DW(bless him).

I'll be there next season cheering the boys on,but let's hope the boys on the pitch are the best we've got.Not like this season when you have to guess who DW might fancy in some strange position,

Yes, the more I think about what has happened the more I fear that we have duped into the 'great tins' is here to save us era.

We all no that I have been accused of having hidden agendas, but this to me smacks of a real stitch up by senior players determind to rid of a Manager & using key Forum members & press opportunities to stir the crap on DW.

Too many fans were used as pawns in the hipe to rid of DW.

I was all for a review of DW's tenure, but was hoping that the Board would be honest & look for a replacement in the bigger picture of things.

To appoint within 12 hours of sacking a manager is still niggling many.

:@

Yes, the more I think about what has happened the more I fear that we have duped into the 'great tins' is here to save us era.

We all no that I have been accused of having hidden agendas, but this to me smacks of a real stitch up by senior players determind to rid of a Manager & using key Forum members & press opportunities to stir the crap on DW.

Too many fans were used as pawns in the hipe to rid of DW.

I was all for a review of DW's tenure, but was hoping that the Board would be honest & look for a replacement in the bigger picture of things.

To appoint within 12 hours of sacking a manager is still niggling many.

:@

Not quite sure what you are getting at here - duped, using key forum members, senior players determined to get rid of the manager! Blimey, I read this forum and there are always rumours, but personally I take little notice of them and I'm pretty sure the board wouldn't either.

Yes things moved too quickly in my view too and I'm sure the club could have handled it all better (I think they need some serious PR help sometimes) but then again would we want to wait weeks, with constant speculation about who the manager was going to be?

Couple of questions or concerns I have about the process:

1. Public support from the chairman on Monday for Danny then sacked on Friday (many said then that this was the kiss of death)

2. When was the decision really taken to sack Danny - was it really friday after a phone call (if so, then that seems really harsh unless Danny indicated he was willing to go - no real time for discussion or for Danny to consider the issue properly)?

3. Was there always a back up plan to offer Tins the job if/when Danny left?

4. How did it all leak so badly to the press late on Friday?

Having said all that I do believe Tins is the best person to take this on at the moment and is the only one available to us who can unite fans and players to take us forward without destroying the strength of the squad that Danny has built (please try and keep Frank and Shaun as the coaches though).

I also believe (as I'm sure we all do really) that Steve L and the board acted in the best interests of the club. I have a lot of respect for Steve and what he has brought to BCFC and whilst I'm sure we will all learn something from the last couple of days, I have no doubt that Steve and the board have made the right decision.

Archived