IGNORED

City's Wage Bill

foghornred

Reading tonight's programme, I was interested to read Doug Harman's page 'From the Boardroom' as in it he states that we have to spend no more than 60 per cent of our 'relevant turnover' on 'player related expenditure' to meet the requirements of the financial fair play rule.

Although there are loopholes such as bonuses and signing on fees are exempt it it good to know that our that we are now spending only 45 per cent of our turnover on the players,well inside the 60 per cent.

But a big round of applause must go to the board because last year we were spending a massive 144 per cent !

This goes to show that we have drastically reduced the wage bill and that financial prudence is working. 

But a big round of applause must go to the board because last year we were spending a massive 144 per cent !

This goes to show that we have drastically reduced the wage bill and that financial prudence is working. 

Mrs Thatcher cut the massive spending on state industries and this created a massive fall in industrial output and a big increase in unempolyment. Likewise, reducing the wage bill has seen off our better players for higher ranked football clubs and we are heading for Div 2 and maybe even the Conference as a result. If the ticket prices are set right we may even get 10,000 attendances in the Conference - looks good on paper but that isn't what this football club is supposed to be about as the club was originally set up to compete with the best in the land.

Very sad at the negative comments, I thought that it was something that we (as a club) could be proud of but it seems that the forum is just full of those that want a moan :ranting: .

Come on,lets support the club for the things that they work hard to put right,its easy to moan but harder to praise. :worship2:  

Very sad at the negative comments, I thought that it was something that we (as a club) could be proud of but it seems that the forum is just full of those that want a moan :ranting: .

Come on,lets support the club for the things that they work hard to put right,its easy to moan but harder to praise. :worship2:

It would been something to be proud off if the facts are that with the massive wage bill we were championship strugglers, now,we have slashed the wage bill, we are league 1 strugglers.

You look at the wage bill and have it,question how many football manager are we currently paying salaries to?

Millen, McInnes, SoD and Cotterill for my reckoning?

It would been something to be proud off if the facts are that with the massive wage bill we were championship strugglers, now,we have slashed the wage bill, we are league 1 strugglers.

You look at the wage bill and have it,question how many football manager are we currently paying salaries to?

Millen, McInnes, SoD and Cotterill for my reckoning?

:argh:

Didn't the board say there was money available for a new player in January but Cotterill didn't want to pay the asking price for the player he was interested in (alledged to be Freeman of Stevenage)?

He said the board would have paid it but Cotterill himself didn't think the price was right

I am pretty sure that in the programme notes they said that equity was allowed to be counted towards turnover. Did Lansdown not just convert a massive lump of debt into equity? I would have thought that we were operating well above the 60% threshold until that injection. I don't doubt that we have reduced our wage expenditure but I somehow doubt that it is as low as 45% of normal turnover.

The 45% doesnt mean weve dropped our wages as drastic as some might think. Our turnover has increased from last year in the form of equity purchased by lansdown. Also its only the weekly basic wage which is taken into consideration which i thought was interesting. Game bonus, goal bonus and win bonus etc doesnt count.

I found the program piece a bit of an eye opener to be fair.

Archived