IGNORED

Lee Johnson - Genuine Question

Harry

Disagree, the manager is not responsible for the finances of a club or making profit on players etc. that is the job of the board. Lansdown wanted to buy instant success, GJ nearly managed it but not quite. Lansdown sanctioned it all.

I agree regarding finances. My point is - a by-product of good management is you make good players better. So more valuable.

If an expensive player becomes worthless then clearly the manager hasn't got the best from them and prospective buyers agree.

And if you ignore value you'd at least expect them to leave to play in a comparable league.

Sell on value is irrelevant for managers (most anyway). They will look at a player and ask if they can contribute to the starting 11, unless it's a real youngster for the future. SL wanted premier league at all costs and very nearly got it. We are still recovering.

I thought SOD was the man for a long term future, clearly the board disagreed and we are stuck with SC, who appears to not know his arse from his elbow and was at best a quick fix motivator (seems to have ended abruptly). 3 and a half year deal?! FFS, will this board ever learn?

I would have to say that Oldham played the most attractive football I have seen this season.

But are only just above us in the league....

Fair play to Lee though. Minimal budget and learning in the job etc.

Lots of people who have been associated with the club get invited back as guests so I wouldn't read too much into it. As for Pete Johnson returning as coach - I'd rather have Holly Johnson!

Personally would rather not see GJ back at the Gate, he had his time a lot of success and left on a bad note in a sticky situation, as people say never go back and all.

My personaly opinion re signings is that Johnson went to SL with who he wanted for the side, SL wanted GJ to have the players he wanted so signed off, both take some responsibility of course but feel it leans more towards Johnson as he highlighted and wanted those players where he could have signed different ones which SL would have signed off on.

I don't want to come - not while the performances are as bad as the weather :badmood:

If the performance is poor, coming is not a prospect...  ;)

Anyway, back on football, I think people might be getting a bit carried away with Lee Johnson based on seeing one tidy performance in their game against us.

Archived