IGNORED

Interesting Stat Of The Night

Pearcy

Since scoring against Crawley on 5th November JET has played 14 League games and only scored a brace against Stevenage on 29th December. 2 goals in 14 games and after a woeful performance tonight is it time we tried something different and dropped him? Thoughts?

Since scoring against Crawley on 5th November JET has played 14 League games and only scored a brace against Stevenage on 29th December. 2 goals in 14 games and after a woeful performance tonight is it time we tried something different and dropped him? Thoughts?

How sad are you, sat there scrawling through the records so you can have a pop at jet, take away Baldocks penalties how many has he scored? how many 1 on 1s  has he missed during that time? how many goals has Flint's mistakes cost us? how often has Barnett looked like scoring? why is Jet the scapegoat for our woeful defence, it's as if people are waiting for him to fail.

• Admin

How sad are you, sat there scrawling through the records so you can have a pop at jet, take away Baldocks penalties how many has he scored? how many 1 on 1s has he missed during that time? how many goals has Flint's mistakes cost us? how often has Barnett looked like scoring? why is Jet the scapegoat for our woeful defence, it's as if people are waiting for him to fail.

Have you watched any of our games recently?

Everyone else puts a shift in week in week out, the same can't be said about JET.

What you have mentioned above is individual errors, not the whole game

SO'D alluded to the fact JET was a bit of an enigma, unfortunately since SO'D has gone SC has got very little out of him.

Up to a time he was undroppable due to his goals scored, but would assume as soon as Barnett is fit JET will be on the bench.

We certainly can't afford to carry anyone in our battle at the moment!

How sad are you, sat there scrawling through the records so you can have a pop at jet, take away Baldocks penalties how many has he scored? how many 1 on 1s  has he missed during that time? how many goals has Flint's mistakes cost us? how often has Barnett looked like scoring? why is Jet the scapegoat for our woeful defence, it's as if people are waiting for him to fail.

But its not sad, usually when someone makes a statement like the OP has people demand proof and facts that back it up, which the OP has provided in this case and the guy still gets shot down for it. Also he's not the 'scapegoat' for our defense, have you not seen the large numbers of threads about our defenders?

How sad are you, sat there scrawling through the records so you can have a pop at jet, take away Baldocks penalties how many has he scored? how many 1 on 1s has he missed during that time? how many goals has Flint's mistakes cost us? how often has Barnett looked like scoring? why is Jet the scapegoat for our woeful defence, it's as if people are waiting for him to fail.

You really cant defend JETs lack of work rate. Game after game he walks around the pitch when the balls near him. Rarely gets stick in and constantly causes problems for the rest of the team when he loses the ball and then just stands there with no desire to try and win it back.

On the flip side, for the c85 minutes of nothing, he then goes and does something fantastic to watch. Question is: is that a luxury we cant afford and one thats costing us. A very frustrating player. Imagine how good he would be if he battled more during games.

Isn't it funny that JETs drop in form coincides exactly with the dismissal of SOD? I'm not suggesting for a second that a manager should keep his job on the basis of extracting performances from one individual, but as SC is currently extracting g performances from no individuals, I'd argue its currently Sean 1, Steve 0

Isn't it funny that JETs drop in form coincides exactly with the dismissal of SOD? I'm not suggesting for a second that a manager should keep his job on the basis of extracting performances from one individual, but as SC is currently extracting g performances from no individuals, I'd argue its currently Sean 1, Steve 0

Cunningham? Who SOD dropped for Shorey?

Burns?

Maybe, but that point for Sean can't be added to the league table. Steve is the winner as he earns more points per game.

Baldock for me looked like he was give it his all last night and would have been a great goal if not hit the post and come out if that it had gone in then I think we would have got at least a draw. Jet did not look like he was trying but perhaps he is and I would have took him off at half time and would have started with burns . Not sure that any of the new signings look any better than what we had well they have not done any better yet but perhaps they will. Hope so soon but have said all that we won,t go down .

Maybe, but that point for Sean can't be added to the league table. Steve is the winner as he earns more points per game.

But the point is, the player who was keeping us afloat under SOD ain't doing it under the new manager. Correlation is not causality, but it is interesting. I just think that we're in exactly the same position, i.e. Playing shit and dropping points, now as we were under SOD

Players like JET usually go on and off the boil very drastically, he hasn't been fantastic recently but most games (even when playing fairly poorly) he will make one chance for other players. I believe he played a big part in the goal yesterday, couldn't see that well.

Difficult to know whether we should drop him altogether, he hasn't seemed quite the same since the turn of the year. We really need him back on the form he was in earlier in the season !

But the point is, the player who was keeping us afloat under SOD ain't doing it under the new manager. Correlation is not causality, but it is interesting. I just think that we're in exactly the same position, i.e. Playing shit and dropping points, now as we were under SOD

didnt the ipswith fans say he started well for them and then generally couldn't be ****** popping up with a little flash hear and there?

Might sound simplistic but a move to Spain, Italy or anywhere with a slower moving game could be ideal for JET.

In this country fans just won't take to JET if it appears he isn't running around the pitch enough, especially when the team isn't doing well.

I really want him to do well as when he's at his best he is simply fantastic to watch.

Obviously he is not putting a shift in, perhaps he wanted to go in the window? If there is one thing most fans can't stand is a player that is not working for the team, he has to be dropped,sold whatever.

Strange that SOD was ,apparently,the only manager to get the best out of him.

I imagine he's well pissed off after starting like an express train and having the team built around him to suddenly find himself at the mercy of Steve "i'm from the West Country" Cotterill.

ALL players need stabilty to produce their best in a team and with the sacking of SoD it's all gone chest up with the constant changes of personnel and tactics.

Its not hard really. Lazy but talented player does well when the team is built around him. Unfortunately when the team is built around him we find ourselves bottom of the league. It's no coincidence the only manger to get the best out of him by allowing him to be lazy is out of work. This tactic may have worked if he came into a settled team doing well but not in a newly built team in a relagation battle. You just cannot afford to play with ten men for 85 minutes when in a relagation battle. Coventry yesterday had every outfield play chase down everything and that just highlighted how much we were carrying JET.

Slight issue is that the last time there were serious calls to drop him before a game he went and got a hatrick. :shifty:

Its not hard really. Lazy but talented player does well when the team is built around him. Unfortunately when the team is built around him we find ourselves bottom of the league. It's no coincidence the only manger to get the best out of him by allowing him to be lazy is out of work. This tactic may have worked if he came into a settled team doing well but not in a newly built team in a relagation battle. You just cannot afford to play with ten men for 85 minutes when in a relagation battle. Coventry yesterday had every outfield play chase down everything and that just highlighted how much we were carrying JET.

Slight issue is that the last time there were serious calls to drop him before a game he went and got a hatrick. :shifty:

But JET is employed as a forward. He's scored a not inconsiderable amount of goals this season. During SODs reign he held up his side of the bargain perfectly well, it's the defence and midfield that haven't done the business

But JET is employed as a forward. He's scored a not inconsiderable amount of goals this season. During SODs reign he held up his side of the bargain perfectly well, it's the defence and midfield that haven't done the business

But that is sort of the point I'm making in a settled team it would be probably be fine. But in a team with a new deffence and midfield its a big ask to expect them to carry a player when not a fully formed unit.

Example, If we could keep clean sheets but couldn't score bringing in JET would work fine. But building a whole new team around him I feel was to much of an ask for a young inexperienced midfield and deffence. Hence why we score but cant deffend.

In response to a question Baldock has scored 8 in the same period (although I think 3 were pens). People are having a pop at the midfield and defence and I agree they have been awful at times as well but the amount of times JET loses the ball in decent positions and the opposition counter attack us is unbelievable. He's putting us under added pressure by losing the ball from being to casual. In the position we are in we need 11 grafters on the pitch. It seems to me we are carrying him most of the time and we simply can not afford to keep doing that. I am a JET fan but odd moments of brilliance are not what is needed at this time. I never thought I'd say this but I think it might be the right time to give someone like Burns or Barnett a run of starts.

Archived