IGNORED

Court Ruling Today Re Village Greens

stawey

building on land that has been used by dog walkers being purchases by a development company for a housing estate. it would seem v g status was given but after court battles it has been judged that the development can go ahead as the company own the land. on bbc south local news some legal expert claimed it would effect hundreds of judgement already given in favour of the v g dor walker types

14 years through the courts. Some of us might not last that long.

Looks like the developer bought the site for a knockdown price 4 years post the vg ruling then gambled that the ruling would get overturned.

They must have thought they had a good legal case to begin with.

Does this mean anything for us - what did they need to show and could we aply this to av? The way things are going we'll probably be playing local park teams by the time av is built.

I look forward to calling the referees parentage into question from my very own block...

I am itching to send the developer a congrats email and a 'commiseratory' email to the campaigner.

I think its ridiculous that things like this take so much time to get sorted out and even when they do they get it bloody wrong sometimes. Sometimes all you need is a bit of common sense, this I find is what people are severely lacking in nowadays! It costs stupid amounts of money and only hinders development and progress. We live in a society where the minority can halt progress for the majority. Silly when you think about it. Our AV case is yet another example of this.

building on land that has been used by dog walkers being purchases by a development company for a housing estate. it would seem v g status was given but after court battles it has been judged that the development can go ahead as the company own the land. on bbc south local news some legal expert claimed it would effect hundreds of judgement already given in favour of the v g dor walker types

Can you send this to Steve.lansdown@hotmail.com.

Whether this affects our TVG will be down to the details of the judgement and the actual case that was heard. However, as it's Supreme Court, it sets legal precedence and so in the English legal system it is essentially now law. If it directly relates to Ashton Vale then I would argue we could start building tomorrow. However, these things seem tremendously complicated so I imagine we'd need some kind of judgement. Have we got a judicial review coming up? I lose track!

Whether this affects our TVG will be down to the details of the judgement and the actual case that was heard. However, as it's Supreme Court, it sets legal precedence and so in the English legal system it is essentially now law. If it directly relates to Ashton Vale then I would argue we could start building tomorrow. However, these things seem tremendously complicated so I imagine we'd need some kind of judgement. Have we got a judicial review coming up? I lose track!

I think the AV TVG JR is still due but no date yet. It might be that SL is waiting to get AG ready with no chance of a JR on that before he rocks the AV TVG boat. We'll have to wait until at least early March for news I think.

Archived