IGNORED

Who....Anyone remember.... (Merged)

alexukhc

On Wikipedia he is listed as playing for us in the 1986 Freight Rover Final at Wembley when City beat Bolton 3-0  as we all know Terry Cooper was manager then.   Still I can't remember him either.

On Wikipedia he is listed as playing for us in the 1986 Freight Rover Final at Wembley when City beat Bolton 3-0  as we all know Terry Cooper was manager then.   Still I can't remember him either.

Not sure how many games he played for us, just noticing that game says the attendance was 54,000 sure our end was packed wasn't it?

He is on the Freight Rover -86 video calling his mum from a phone box at AG after we had reached Wembley

I remember watching that on the tv, think he must have been ringing her the day before telling her he'd be playing. I think he had been injured or something and was a doubt.. I remember being glad he was playing as he indeed wasn't a player you would mess with. I can't remember him being big (tall), more solid, stocky.

Gravedigger, was surprised at that. Players weren't paid then like they are now, but they were paid better than the average person. And if we didn't pay him well I'm sure Leeds did. Not disrespecting gravediggers but I'm wondering where his money went if that's what he's doing now.

A thread title of 'who' could be disrespectful or inquisitive, I hope it's the latter.

David Harle was the sort of player we'd kill for now, 100% committed, well up for the fight and played for the shirt.

I will never forget the moment when we scored at the old Wembley in 1986, there was a split second when we all thought 'bl**dy hell, we've scored at Wembley' then there was bedlam!

Harle was very much part of the team that I loved to watch and support.

Happy days and great memories...

...sounds like a slightly over the top reaction by DH to be honest, you could say he dug a hole for himself by losing it.

His daughter getting involved too wasn't such a good idea either. When questioned by police and asked to confirm her name its quite possible the copper was put out too when he heard her reply ----  "shant tell." .... a simple "no comment" would have been better. :) 

Archived