IGNORED

Moving To Thornbury

CA2UK

Evening all,

We are moving to Thornbury from Toronto next month. I thought I'd say hello. A big thing is getting my boy to support his local club and for me to get back into watching football every Saturday (we are from Ireland originally). So City it will be...

Where is good to live in the locality? We are looking up as far as Dursley and beyond. I'd like to get an idea of the area before we arrive.

Cheers.

Evening all,

We are moving to Thornbury from Toronto next month. I thought I'd say hello. A big thing is getting my boy to support his local club and for me to get back into watching football every Saturday (we are from Ireland originally). So City it will be...

Where is good to live in the locality? We are looking up as far as Dursley and beyond. I'd like to get an idea of the area before we arrive.

Cheers.

To be honest the whole area is fine, although i think the heart was ripped out of Thornbury years ago, and is now a commuter town

Depends what you want, there are plenty of small villages all around the area, hard pressed to find a real bad area in South glos once out past the m4 m5 boundary

Chose a good spot for schooling for your lad though.

Evening all,

Cheers.

Living in Thornbury at the moment, Lovely town. Great school and everyone is friendly. Close enough to AG for the regular visit and far enough out the city to avoid manic traffic

Close to M5 and M4 You could also try Almondsbury, Charfield, Falfield, Alveston all nice towns.

Good to hear you are moving back over and get to put yourself through the pain the rest of us do on a Saturday :)

When you say reputation, what reputation does it have?

Ha, nothing too bad! Got it's rough areas, like every town. I suppose it's the fact that pretty much all the big companies have left the area over the last 15 to 20 years, and they've built an odd looking Sainsbury's in the middle of town that doesn't seem to fit. Gone from feeling like a ghost town, to an odd looking one!

Like I say, go take a look, there's far more good than bad. Got the 'Pub of the year' (UK wide) from a few years ago there, The Old Spot, if you're into wooly jumpers and real ale then it's the place for you

Not sure how old your kids are, but Rednock has built a fantastic reputation over the last couple of years. My eldest starts there this year, had a look round not so long back - fantastic school

I realise that looked somewhat panicky! Yeah, I'm going to base myself in Thornbury and spend my evening looking around until I get a place sorted. I have even been having a few Blackthorn over here in preparation.

Is Rednock a primary school? Our eldest is 5 and is of school going age, the youngfella is 6 months old.

I realise that looked somewhat panicky! Yeah, I'm going to base myself in Thornbury and spend my evening looking around until I get a place sorted. I have even been having a few Blackthorn over here in preparation.

Is Rednock a primary school? Our eldest is 5 and is of school going age, the youngfella is 6 months old.

You've got loads of good Primary schools all the way from Dursley to Almondsbury

Not sure about south Bristol as I haven't been to one down there

Thornbury high street is a good old fashioned high street that sadly has been lost in many other places, I still love going there. The commute into Bristol is a pain if you have to do it. But overall it's a nice place. I still prefer the south Pensford, Burrington, Chew X etc 

Thornbury high street is a good old fashioned high street that sadly has been lost in many other places, I still love going there. The commute into Bristol is a pain if you have to do it. But overall it's a nice place. I still prefer the south Pensford, Burrington, Chew X etc

Last time I was on Thornbury high street there were no doors in the pub toilets due up cocaine problems!!!

Jackie

Are you just going to knock on her door, or smash her back doors in?

Everyone has their 'type', I suppose: yours are hour-glass shaped, panda-bear faced mathematicians!

TFR

Is that your "type" in your avatar TFR ?

Archived