IGNORED

Strikers On Strike

where's the joy

so another change of manager, some new players, none of whom are any better than before, a porous defence and now our strikers are taking their lead from bob crow and are nowhere to be seen.

the net effect of cotterills changes are that JET has stopped playing let alone scoring, baldock remains hopelessly ineffective without the same sort of ball that maynard used to like and none of our midfield can supply, while barnett is woefully out of touch. play burns up top, no lets put him on as a wing back......bonkers

make no mistake we are going down this year again and not getting anything out of the strikers, offensively, let alone defensively is and will be a determining factor.

why are we in this ludicrous mess and where is the fighting spirit you need to get out of it.

still i shall head to orient and cheer them on hoping we don't concede in our customary first ten minute period

its just blind faith for me now 

so another change of manager, some new players, none of whom are any better than before, a porous defence and now our strikers are taking their lead from bob crow and are nowhere to be seen.

the net effect of cotterills changes are that JET has stopped playing let alone scoring, baldock remains hopelessly ineffective without the same sort of ball that maynard used to like and none of our midfield can supply, while barnett is woefully out of touch. play burns up top, no lets put him on as a wing back......bonkers

make no mistake we are going down this year again and not getting anything out of the strikers, offensively, let alone defensively is and will be a determining factor.

why are we in this ludicrous mess and where is the fighting spirit you need to get out of it.

still i shall head to orient and cheer them on hoping we don't concede in our customary first ten minute period

Have many games have we failed to score in? If we go down its down to the goals conceded.

I counted 3 games all season which we have failed to score in

Sheff Utd- Home

Peterborough- Home

Crewe- Away

any one know of another game we haven't scored in?

Rotherham home?

1-2 that was. 2 clean sheets in the league says it all.

1-2 that was. 2 clean sheets in the league says it all.

So it was. Only 3 games we haven't scored in

Peterborough were immense so not too down about that one

Sheff Utd how we didn't score was unbelievable!! Controlled the game. The most frustrating game I've seen at AG

Crewe didn't go so not entirely sure if we should've scored or not

I wasnt at oldham however ive just watched the highlights on player. Looks like in terms of chances created we did ok. Got the ball into the box a few times and not afraid to shoot. Didnt look all that bad to be honest particularly away from home.

We had the best chances but it was a forgettable game and the conditions didn't help. Should have nicked it with flints header at the end.

Haven't seen the highlights yet but their goal was either bad goalkeeping, a hell of a strike or the wind played a huge part in it. To be honest it took the crowd by surprise when it hit the net.

Been reading the L1 stats in the paper. City have 7th most shots in L1, and two of the top ten goalscorers.

However, I'd be interested in the 'form guide' last 8 games for those stats. I'm guessing it doesn't look so good: none of our strikers scoring regularly, JET having to play out and out striker role is limiting his creativity, and the one positive from the season to date is running out of steam.

Not blind though is it really!....Just Faith in the posibility of miracles!....I have accepted our likely fate and as such have stopped my gut from churnning constantly!! 

What I don't understand is how Baldock plays every game regardless.Surely drop him give someone else a chance and also it  may take some pressure off him and he would return a bit refreshed and refocused.But no week in week out however many chances he misses he knows he will never be dropped .Not good for the team or the young lads trying to get in the first team. 

Was interested on the radio, talking about Moyes, the wise head was saying when taking over a new team, quickly work who your best players are - then ensure you play them in their best position.

Baldock and JET would both be in that for me. As for playing the latter in his best position...

since cotterill took over, excluding penalties, can anyone tell me how many goals versus appearances baldock and JET have made, and how does this compare with the first part of the season before our new manager. i think our midfield/defence have started to chip in eg osbourne, flint, m elliott etc while our front players have gone on strike by 'no strike'

so while making our defence continue to concede 2 goals a game our attack has gone into its shell

since cotterill took over, excluding penalties, can anyone tell me how many goals versus appearances baldock and JET have made, and how does this compare with the first part of the season before our new manager. i think our midfield/defence have started to chip in eg osbourne, flint, m elliott etc while our front players have gone on strike by 'no strike'

so while making our defence continue to concede 2 goals a game our attack has gone into its shell

Because Cotteril has slated JET publicly and is clearly asking him to do more running/tracking back so his goals have dried up as his isn't playing his natural game. JET has 2 goals in 11 games (not all starts)

For Baldock, taking away pens which he has scored 2, he has 3 other goals in 11 games. 5 in 11 is OK even with pens.

The real problem is still the defence and midfield - if they didn't ship 2 a game we would stand a chance.

Archived