IGNORED

1 Win In 26 Away From Home!

Kid in the Riot

Jesus.

More than a seasons worth of away games and still just that solitary league win at Carlisle in front of a few hundred die-hard fans.

When will we win our next away game?

1 win in 9 now (7 league) under SC by the way...

Pretty poor I agree. We were VERY unlucky not to win away against notts, had a ridiculous penalty been given we would still be out of the relegation zone on 30 points.

If you forget the cup games they don't matter our record under cotts is

P11

W 3

D 4

L 4

If we had been on a reasonable amount of points after the first 18 games we would be comfortably mid table. But im afraid we need a few games of promotion form to get out of this mess. That I don't see us doing. Especially as we cannot buy a win away from home.

We will need at least 2 away wins in the remaining games to have any hope.

No we don't, we need to win more games at home, we have to play only a couple of teams currently in the top 10 at home, all are winnable with the right attitude and the backing of the supporters.

No we don't, we need to win more games at home, we have to play only a couple of teams currently in the top 10 at home, all are winnable with the right attitude and the backing of the supporters.

We won't win enough games at home.

We only have Stevenage and Shrewsbury and Sheff Utd away against teams around us

Pick up points there and we'll be clear, Drop points and we'll be down simple

We need to beat County, Gillingham and Tranmere at home as they are winnable

Winning away games is based on not conceding goals.

So as we concede in EVERY away game we play, we are always fighting a losing battle.

IMO, it is the mentality of our squad......VERY WEAK!!!

We have no leaders in the team, successful teams have a leader at the back and a leader in midfield.....we have none, nada, nicht, zilch.

I would guess that we have lost half of our away games. The problem is that other than Carlisle we have drawn all of the others. I've lost track of the amount of away games I have walked out of trying to justify that "it will be a good point come the end of the season" but they only become this if we are picking up wins at home.

Interesting debate, but bottom line is we just need some wins! We're not good at getting them, home or away, and it doesn't really matter where they come!

I am going on Tues night given it's only 20min from my office.

I will take a terrible game and a win through a goal kick flying off to the right, bouncing off Russell Slades shiny head and hitting the post before rebounding off the back of the Orient keeper.

Anything. I will take any win at all right now. We can regroup and think about pretty football over the summer while we watch England get knocked out.

I remember the dark days of 1982.

Bottom of Division FOUR at Christmas, and heading toward the lottery of seeking Re-election.

We were hurtling like an unstoppable train into the abyss.

Back then I traveled all over the Country. Every Saturday, Everywhere. Home and Away. 

There was no sign that we could, or would, get out of the mess that years of mismanagement had gotten us into.

Then, One December evening, during the Christmas festive period, from nowhere, we traveled to Edgar Street for a Showdown with our fellow strugglers Hereford.

I'm sure I speak for ALL City fans who traveled that night in saying that NO ONE expected anything other than defeat.

But after 90 minutes of frantic football, City amazingly came away with a 3-1 win to take the spoils.

If ever there was a turning point. That was it.

From there on in, there was belief, Confidence and a togetherness among the team.

With every game from there on in, came improvement.

A bit long winded maybe, but my point is that it only takes one win, or one performance to turn this club, our club, Our Bristol City around.

Time is against us, so please let it be tomorrow.

COME ON YOU REDS

Yep, t'was there myself.....Dec 28th, 1982.

We had decided that our whole coach would go in fancy dress & so I hired a gorilla suit from the costume hire shop in Old Market.

Met up at AG and was taking in some 'refreshments' in the Supporters Club when someone official from BCFC said "Come with me", I thought ****!!!.

He took me through the warren of corridors underneath the Williams Stand and straight into the dressing rooms, where the whole squad was getting ready to leave for the game.

They all pissed themselves when they saw me in my gorilla costume and I just said to them, "Come on boys, win it for us (the fans) tonight".

Totally pissed (not the team BTW), we all travelled up to a pre-arranged pub in Hereford, in which the infamous "Neil Winston Newt" episode took place.

One of the best away trips I have ever been on......those were the days when players actually cared for our club.

Archived