IGNORED

16 Games To Go Then - 22 Pts Needed

Kid in the Riot

22 pts to get to the magical 50 that we hope would mean safety. I'm struggling to find them, any advances on the following?

Leyton Orient (A) 0

Tranmere (H) 3

Sheff U (A) 0

Gillingham (H) 3

Shrewsbury (A) 1

Peterborough (A) 0

Swindon T (H) 1

Colchester (A) 1

Port Vale (H) 3

Rotherham (A) 0

Preston NE (H) 0

Walsall (A) 1

Notts C (H) 3

Stevenage (A) 0

Crewe (H) 3

Crawley (A) 1

20 pts that would mean we finish on 48 pts, optimistically MAYBE enough to survive if only on goal difference?!

My prediction - [cumulative points]

Leyton Orient (A) 1 [29]

Tranmere (H) 3 [32]

Sheff U (A) 3 [35]

Gillingham (H) 1 [36]

Shrewsbury (A) 1 [37]

Peterborough (A) 0 [37]

Swindon T (H) 3 [40]

Colchester (A) 0 [40]

Port Vale (H) 0 [40]

Rotherham (A) 3 [43]

Preston NE (H) 3 [46]

Walsall (A) 0 [46]

Notts C (H) 3 [49]

Stevenage (A) 3 [52]

Crewe (H) 1 [53]

Crawley (A) 0 [53]

22 pts to get to the magical 50 that we hope would mean safety. I'm struggling to find them, any advances on the following?

Leyton Orient (A) 0

Tranmere (H) 3

Sheff U (A) 0

Gillingham (H) 3

Shrewsbury (A) 1

Peterborough (A) 0

Swindon T (H) 1

Colchester (A) 1

Port Vale (H) 3

Rotherham (A) 0

Preston NE (H) 0

Walsall (A) 1

Notts C (H) 3

Stevenage (A) 0

Crewe (H) 3

Crawley (A) 1

20 pts that would mean we finish on 48 pts, optimistically MAYBE enough to survive if only on goal difference?!

I would hope for more than a point from Shrews+Stevenage.  Also Crawley may have nothing to play for on the last day.  How about this:

Leyton Orient (A) 0 [28]

Tranmere (H) 3 [31]

Sheff U (A) 0 [31]

Gillingham (H) 3 [34]

Shrewsbury (A) 3 [37]

Peterborough (A) 0 [37]

Swindon T (H) 3 [40]

Colchester (A) 1 [41]

Port Vale (H) 1 [42]

Rotherham (A) 0 [42]

Preston NE (H) 1 [43]

Walsall (A) 1 [44]

Notts C (H) 3 [47]

Stevenage (A) 1 [48]

Crewe (H) 3 [51]

Crawley (A) 1 [52]

Leyton Orient (A) 0

Tranmere (H) 3

Sheff U (A) 0

Gillingham (H) 3

Shrewsbury (A) 1

Peterborough (A) 0

Swindon T (H) 1

Colchester (A) 1

Port Vale (H) 3

Rotherham (A) 0

Preston NE (H) 0

Walsall (A) 1

Notts C (H) 3

Stevenage (A) 0

Crewe (H) 3

Crawley (A) 1

A very fair assessment and more or less what I would predict on our current form.

I'm praying that we can sneak wins at Shrewsbury (who are in freefall) and Stevenage but we will have to improve 1000% away from home to do that and we just aren't going to keep clean sheets in those games.

As for the deluded numpties who think we can win at Sheffield United, just check out our results against Derby in the last few seasons.....Clough & his side will be far too clever for us on that day.

IMO, we will need 54 points to stay up but I have a feeling we will finish bottom again and well adrift of safety.

A very fair assessment and more or less what I would predict on our current form.

I'm praying that we can sneak wins at Shrewsbury (who are in freefall) and Stevenage but we will have to improve 1000% away from home to do that and we just aren't going to keep clean sheets in those games.

As for the deluded numpties who think we can win at Sheffield United, just check out our results against Derby in the last few seasons.....Clough & his side will be far too clever for us on that day.

IMO, we will need 54 points to stay up but I have a feeling we will finish bottom again and well adrift of safety.

So with 2/3 of the season gone, you expect the figure for safety to be 54 points? I think it should be put at around 50, to be honest.

The bottom teams aren't as close to the top teams for that situation to be possible.

My prediction - [cumulative points]

Leyton Orient (A) 1 [29]

Tranmere (H) 3 [32]

Sheff U (A) 3 [35]

Gillingham (H) 1 [36]

Shrewsbury (A) 1 [37]

Peterborough (A) 0 [37]

Swindon T (H) 3 [40]

Colchester (A) 0 [40]

Port Vale (H) 0 [40]

Rotherham (A) 3 [43]

Preston NE (H) 3 [46]

Walsall (A) 0 [46]

Notts C (H) 3 [49]

Stevenage (A) 3 [52]

Crewe (H) 1 [53]

Crawley (A) 0 [53]

So with 2/3 of the season gone, you expect the figure for safety to be 54 points? I think it should be put at around 50, to be honest.

The bottom teams aren't as close to the top teams for that situation to be possible.

Other teams will pick up unexpected results like Tranmere (at MK Dongs), Notts County & Crewe have done a few times.

To me, there are 8, possibly 9 teams in it and all those teams are capable of keeping clean sheets.....EXCEPT US.

You have to look at facts and the stats says that we won't win another away game all season, we also don't win all our home games to compensate for the pathetic away form.

Something has to change quick for us to survive and I can't see the current squad having what it takes.

Other teams will pick up unexpected results like Tranmere (at MK Dongs), Notts County & Crewe have done a few times.

To me, there are 8, possibly 9 teams in it and all those teams are capable of keeping clean sheets.....EXCEPT US.

You have to look at facts and the stats says that we won't win another away game all season, we also don't win all our home games to compensate for the pathetic away form.

Something has to change quick for us to survive and I can't see the current squad having what it takes.

The last I checked, past facts never predict future results.

The team is performing better than it ever did under SO'D, if we stop playing 5-3-2 and get Liam Kelly back soon, then I don't see why we can't improve further.

Our away form is poor, but with the exception of Tranmere, the other teams near the bottom are just as bad. If this remains the same then it's down to home results. This doesn't inspire me with much confidence as City can't play well for more than 45 minutes in any match - on a good day.

Leyton Orient (A) 0

Tranmere (H) 3

Sheff U (A) 0

Gillingham (H) 3

Shrewsbury (A) 3

Peterborough (A) 0

Swindon T (H) 3

Colchester (A) 1

Port Vale (H) 1

Rotherham (A) 0

Preston NE (H) 1

Walsall (A) 1

Notts C (H) 3

Stevenage (A) 1

Crewe (H) 3

Crawley (A) 1

I have a very ambitious 24 points.

Other teams will pick up unexpected results like Tranmere (at MK Dongs), Notts County & Crewe have done a few times.

But there are 5 teams down there who have failed to score in 10 or more games. We've only hit 4, less than Brentford and Wolves

seems like a fun game, lets give it a guestamate..

Leyton Orient (A)   0      28

Tranmere (H)         1      29

Sheff U (A)             1      30

Gillingham (H)        0      30

Shrewsbury (A)      3      33

Peterborough (A)   0      33

Swindon T (H)        0      33

Colchester (A)        1      34

Port Vale (H)          1      35

Rotherham (A)       0      35

Preston NE (H)       0      35

Walsall (A)             0      35

Notts C (H)             3      38

Stevenage (A)       3      41

Crewe (H)              3      44

Crawley (A)            1     45

hmmm playing 4 very poor teams at the end of the season will boost our tally, but bar the odd point from a draw against teams I think we will more likely loose against, things are not looking good.

The last I checked, past facts never predict future results.

The team is performing better than it ever did under SO'D, if we stop playing 5-3-2 and get Liam Kelly back soon, then I don't see why we can't improve further.

You're clutching at straws mate, Kelly won't play 1st team football this season, he had a horrific injury and will need a couple of months reserve action before he can even think about making the bench.   I will agree he has been a MAHOOSIVE loss to us this season though.

As for performing better now, that is up for debate, SOD was just turning things around and I think we would have got roughly the same results had he still been here.

We, as a club are a joke at the moment.

Leyton Orient (A)    1pt 29  

Tranmere (H)          3   32

Sheff U (A)              0   32           

Gillingham (H)         3  35

Shrewsbury (A)       3  38    

Peterborough (A)    0  38 

Swindon T (H)         1  39   

Colchester (A)        1   40    

Port Vale (H)           3 43    

Rotherham (A)        0 43 

Preston NE (H)       0 43 

Walsall (A)              0 43 

Notts C (H)             3 46 

Stevenage (A)        1 47

Crewe (H)               3 50

Crawley (A)            1 51

I wish I had a crystal ball! We need to pick up a couple of wins on the trot and we will drag a lot of teams into it. Im being optimistic with my points tally tbh, but we shouldn't fear any of the teams we are playing in the last part of the season.

You're clutching at straws mate, Kelly won't play 1st team football this season, he had a horrific injury and will need a couple of months reserve action before he can even think about making the bench.   I will agree he has been a MAHOOSIVE loss to us this season though.

As for performing better now, that is up for debate, SOD was just turning things around and I think we would have got roughly the same results had he still been here.

We, as a club are a joke at the moment.

1) I'm not your mate.

2) Should we just give up now?

3) Agreed, we are a joke.

If we have to look at the facts and the stats;

Form Table (last 8 games)

15.City

20.Stevenage

21.Tranmere

22.Carlisle

23.Bradford

24.Shrewsbury

Home games form;

7.City

21.Crawley

22.Tranmere

23.Bradford

24.Shrewsbury

Away Form;

18.City

19.Notts County

20.Port Vale

21.Sheff. Utd

22.Bradford

23.Stevenage

24.Carlisle

Makes for better reading....

15.City

20.Stevenage

21.Tranmere

22.Carlisle

23.Bradford

24.Shrewsbury

Home games form;

7.City

21.Crawley

22.Tranmere

23.Bradford

24.Shrewsbury

Away Form;

18.City

19.Notts County

20.Port Vale

21.Sheff. Utd

22.Bradford

23.Stevenage

24.Carlisle

Why just the last 8 games, we have been poor and making mistakes all season...that will not change.

IMO, there are only 2 teams that are worse than us at the moment, Carlisle & Stevenage and even those 2 are capable of unexpected results.

When the teams play there games in hand, we will be adrift at the bottom.

The outcome of this season is so predictable.

15.City

20.Stevenage

21.Tranmere

22.Carlisle

23.Bradford

24.Shrewsbury

Home games form;

7.City

21.Crawley

22.Tranmere

23.Bradford

24.Shrewsbury

Away Form;

18.City

19.Notts County

20.Port Vale

21.Sheff. Utd

22.Bradford

23.Stevenage

24.Carlisle

You've picked the 'good' stats. You naughty boy!

Why just the last 8 games, we have been poor and making mistakes all season...that will not change.

IMO, there are only 2 teams that are worse than us at the moment, Carlisle & Stevenage and even those 2 are capable of unexpected results.

Do you not understand the concept of a form table? Or the analysis of form?

So you're off to the bookies in the morning? You can get 9/4 against City going down :whistle2:

Do you not understand the concept of a form table? Or the analysis of form?

Our overall form is 1away win in the last 26, 1 win in 9 games overall

We are 3rd from bottom, Carlisle Sheff Utd and Stevenage have 1, 2, and 3 games in hand respectively.

Our defence concede goals, our midfield back off and don't cover the defence, our forwards aren't scoring.

We don't know our best 11 - or our best formation.  5 changes last time - can anyone say what we will do v Orient (5-3-2, 4-4-2, 4-3-3 all tried in our last 3 games at some point)

The manager has signed poor players who haven't improved the team (Barnett,ElAbd W.Elliott, Gillett)

Cotterill has lost JET's goals and assists as JET has failed to respond to SC's kick-up-the-backside approach

(SOD's only plus was getting a sporadic contribution from JET without  which we would already be adrift) and

SC's been unable to replace those goals.

So where's the positives and how will we pick up points  ? 

Our overall form is 1away win in the last 26, 1 win in 9 games overall

We are 3rd from bottom, Carlisle Sheff Utd and Stevenage have 1, 2, and 3 games in hand respectively.

Our defence concede goals, our midfield back off and don't cover the defence, our forwards aren't scoring.

We don't know our best 11 - or our best formation.  5 changes last time - can anyone say what we will do v Orient (5-3-2, 4-4-2, 4-3-3 all tried in our last 3 games at some point)

The manager has signed poor players who haven't improved the team (Barnett,ElAbd W.Elliott, Gillett)

Cotterill has lost JET's goals and assists as JET has failed to respond to SC's kick-up-the-backside approach

(SOD's only plus was getting a sporadic contribution from JET without  which we would already be adrift) and

SC's been unable to replace those goals.

So where's the positives and how will we pick up points  ? 

The form table shows it's getting comparatively better.

At the end of the day, it's football, it seems a little too serious to some on here and the opportunity to analyse the failures and cry about this is jumped upon at every juncture.

Also why is everyone obsessed with with this 1 in 9 figure.

Lets just take the league games, all of them, under SC. 11 games - 3W 4D 3L , so that's 13 points from 33 (agreed, not great). 1.18 points per game. Projected to the next 16 games = 19 points. Which brings us to 47 points. That might not be enough, but the improvement doesn't need to be astronomic in order to avoid the drop. As I said earlier 49, 44, 48, 50, 50 points respectively has been enough to avoid the drop.

So if we just maintain the SC form in the next 16 games, but add one extra win, that should be enough.

The form table shows it's getting comparatively better.

At the end of the day, it's football, it seems a little too serious to some on here and the opportunity to analyse the failures and cry about this is jumped upon at every juncture.

No one's crying - it's about opinions, I don't think we'll stay up (and I've said why)

You think we will - I hope we do.............you also predicted we'll go unbeaten in our next 5 games(2H  3A) - winning 2

and drawing the other 3.  I don't think that will happen either.  We'll see.

Archived