IGNORED

After Match Comments

richwwtk

Forgive me if this has appeared elsewhere....

The BBC Match Report for the Oldham game includes this quote from SC

"We beat Coventry the other night in a game when we'd done enough to win for sure and then we come away and we draw at Oldham, it's the end of a very good week for us."

I know the accuracy of the quote isn't a safe assumption to make, but even if you transpose 'we lost' for 'we beat' which would be the obvious blunder, then it's still a long way from a very good week! Had we beaten Coventry then it would indeed have been a very good week but this quote just doesn't make sense whichever bit of it you correct!

Can someone brighter than me please explain?

"We beat Coventry the other night in a game when we'd done enough to win for sure and then we come away and we draw at Oldham, it's the end of a very good week for us."

I know the accuracy of the quote isn't a safe assumption to make, but even if you transpose 'we lost' for 'we beat' which would be the obvious blunder, then it's still a long way from a very good week! Had we beaten Coventry then it would indeed have been a very good week but this quote just doesn't make sense whichever bit of it you correct!

The divvy who transcribed the quote missed off the "If"

Those are his exact words, but the context is flawed.

He was saying "We beat Coventry the other night" in the sense of "HAD we beat Coventry the other night", suggesting that people would see the point at Oldham as a better one IF we'd taken 3 points in the previous game.

Archived