IGNORED

Smoking Cigarettes With Children In The Car

Craven arms

• Admin

Just ban smoking in cars and be done. its no different than using a mobile phone texting or putting on make up ,your concentration is still distracted.

For nicotine addicts, smoking actually improves their concentration as it removes the distraction of their craving.

In fact children in cars can be extremely distracting.

Ban children in cars?

Just ban smoking in cars and be done. its no different than using a mobile phone texting or putting on make up ,your concentration is still distracted.

I disagree, one thing reading, typing, another thing smoking. You do not need to focus on one thing long.

I'm against smoking with kids in the car, but if you ban smoking totally you should ban eating, drinking, listening to radio etc.

Spot on, taking a cigarette from it's packet, lighting it, flicking ash off, stubbing it out and of course the odd time when the lit bit falls off and the frantic snuffing out of a potential fire ensues. of course it's a distraction, to accomplish it occasionally your eyes are off of the road, your driving with one hand, I have always been surprised that it's not an offence.

Spot on, taking a cigarette from it's packet, lighting it, flicking ash off, stubbing it out and of course the odd time when the lit bit falls off and the frantic snuffing out of a potential fire ensues. of course it's a distraction, to accomplish it occasionally your eyes are off of the road, your driving with one hand, I have always been surprised that it's not an offence.

What's the difference between that and tuning into a different radio station?

Makes my blood boil seeing people smoke in cars when there's kids inside. I can imagine those that do will ask the kids to lie down on the back seat whilst Mummy or Daddy has a fag.

I'm hugely against people smoking with kids in the car but this is a step too far for me. To much state intrusion.

Makes my blood boil seeing people smoke in cars when there's kids inside. I can imagine those that do will ask the kids to lie down on the back seat whilst Mummy or Daddy has a fag.

I'm hugely against people smoking with kids in the car but this is a step too far for me. To much state intrusion.

I am so confused by your post.

The law stops something you really dislike happening. What is wrong with that?

But surely if it stops the ignorance then thats better than it happening?

We're going to legislate away ignorance now?

We better get a metric ****ton more lawyers then.

This is something that:

a) doesn't actually happen with any noticeable frequency

b) can't be enforced

c) is better handled with education

d) is going to waste space in statute books and calendar time in parliament

It's nonsense.

What about a kitkat?

Have a break...

The law protects the children though who won't ask their parents (or driver) to put it out or if they do will be ignored. By some people logic there should be no law against murder as it's common sense not to kill people. The law is there to protect the victims 

For nicotine addicts, smoking actually improves their concentration as it removes the distraction of their craving.

In fact children in cars can be extremely distracting.

Ban children in cars?

I would guess that lighting up is a good deal less distracting than sorting out a row between the little darlings in the back seat.

But, hey, I don't have a car, children or a nicotine habit, so what do I know?

The we should ban all pasengers, radios and any possible distraction? (should ban all others from being outside while you are driving as thats a distraction)  At the end of the day if you are incapable of driving while having distractions then you frankly are incapable of driving full stop.  Driving is about managing distractions, if the car behind or infront of you is being a complete bell does that mean you completely ignore everything else about you? and plough through any thing esle.

Making driving one handed illegal would be somewhat difficult since you have to spend time with only one hand on the wheel, unless you advocate us all driving about in 1st?

Archived