IGNORED

Just Back From Orient

bcfctim

Usually think of myself as quite an optimistic person, but that was beyond my wildest dreams!

Absolutely flew out of the blocks, pressing high up the pitch and completely caught them by surprise. Totally deserved our 2 goal lead and could have been more with a couple of disallowed goals.

But then we reverted to type giving away the sloppiest of sloppy goals on the stroke of half time. That gave them a route back in and I know I wasn't the only one who expected us to throw all our good work away.

2nd half we seemed to sit back while they upped their game. We were under some serious pressure but the defence was up to it and we got the 3rd at the perfect time. After that we saw it out with ease and it was timeto ccelebrate in the away end.

Overall a fantastic team performance, had my doubts about the line up before kickoff but SC got it spot on.

Moore 6 - commanded his box well but should have done better with the goal, happily it didn't cost us!

Osborne 8 - So composed, much missed in his absence

Flint 9 - took his goal well and led the line brilliantly, just what we were hoping from him when he signed

El Abd 7 - Much more comfortable in a back 4, Cotts please take note!!

Williams 7 - Solid. Good to see he can do a job at LB as well as CB if needed.

Baldock 9 - Mom. Had so much more space to run at defenders out wide, caused havoc all game. As well as I've seen him play.

Pack 9 - Read the game exceptionally, lost count of the number of interceptions and second balls he won.

Elliott 8 - Much improved on Carlisle game. Can definitely do a job for us based on that.

Cunningham 8 - Was everywhere today, him and Williams did a job on their winger and he was like a winger himself when we attacked

JET 8 - Back to what we know he can do. Linked up play, beat people, deserved a goal.

Barnett 7 - Took his goal well. Thought he maybe could've held it up better but always gave their defense something to think about.

Based on tonight we are staying up, build on this over the next few weeks and it's happy days!

When was the last time we had 5 or 6 players who deserved a mark of 8 or more out of 10 in the same game? Must be a year or two back at least.

Very encouraging tonight. Everyone seemed to know their job in the team, and stuck to it. Defence was generally solid (and El Abd and Flint looked like a decent partnership), the midfield showed incredible determination, and as mentioned elsewhere, Baldock was a constant threat up front.

As I mentioned on another thread, the 'where's Wally' banter was also one of the highlights...I felt quite sorry for the bloke by the end!

Just Back From Orient

Started by bcfctim50 minutes ago

Blimey you took yer time getting back, almost midnight, BET YOU WERENT ON THE ORIENT EXPRESS!! :) 
Anyway, so pleased you and all the other City fans who travelled witnessed a great City performance & probably our most important game of the season. A very important victory & a fitting reward for the travelling Reds who despite all the disapointments they've endured thus far have kept the faith.!!! Well Done to the fans as well as Cotts & the team -  great effort by all. :)

Match report for the cracking win is up on Bristolsportsblogger right now: http://bristolsportsblogger.com/2014/02/12/leyton-orient-bristol-city/

good effort to all the fans who travelled to the game tonight sounds like the trip was well worth it!

now just need to push on and get a good result against Tranmere this weekend. COYR!

I'm amazed, I was under the impression from the comments on here that almost every member of our squad was only fit for League 2 at best, and those who were good enough were lazy and disinterested.

I hope the OP's description of them isn't just a "big game" effort like some sort of FA Cup display.

My ratings:

Moore - 5. Shaky throughout though possibly injured in the 2nd half and should have done better for their goal.

Osbourne 7 - Good to have him back though a reckless challenge could have seen him red carded.

Flint 9 - Won pretty much everything and scored.

El Abd 8 - Looks much better in a flat back 4 like Saturday.

Williams 7 - Not really a left back but did OK.

Elliott 7 - Worked hard and broke up play well.

Pack 8 - Much better than usual and put some good passes together.

Cunningham 7 - Solid offering a threat occasionally.

JET 7 - Still not quite back to his best but some enjoyable bits of skill at the end.

Baldock 9 - Caused them lots of problems and scored a good goal.

Barnett 7 - Good goal and worked hard upfront when isolated for a lot of 2nd half.

My ratings:

Moore - 5. Shaky throughout though possibly injured in the 2nd half and should have done better for their goal.

Osbourne 7 - Good to have him back though a reckless challenge could have seen him red carded.

Flint 9 - Won pretty much everything and scored.

El Abd 8 - Looks much better in a flat back 4 like Saturday.

Williams 7 - Not really a left back but did OK.

Elliott 7 - Worked hard and broke up play well.

Pack 8 - Much better than usual and put some good passes together.

Cunningham 7 - Solid offering a threat occasionally.

JET 7 - Still not quite back to his best but some enjoyable bits of skill at the end.

Baldock 9 - Caused them lots of problems and scored a good goal.

Barnett 7 - Good goal and worked hard upfront when isolated for a lot of 2nd half.

Usually think of myself as quite an optimistic person, but that was beyond my wildest dreams!

Absolutely flew out of the blocks, pressing high up the pitch and completely caught them by surprise. Totally deserved our 2 goal lead and could have been more with a couple of disallowed goals.

But then we reverted to type giving away the sloppiest of sloppy goals on the stroke of half time. That gave them a route back in and I know I wasn't the only one who expected us to throw all our good work away.

2nd half we seemed to sit back while they upped their game. We were under some serious pressure but the defence was up to it and we got the 3rd at the perfect time. After that we saw it out with ease and it was timeto ccelebrate in the away end.

Overall a fantastic team performance, had my doubts about the line up before kickoff but SC got it spot on.

Moore 6 - commanded his box well but should have done better with the goal, happily it didn't cost us!

Osborne 8 - So composed, much missed in his absence

Flint 9 - took his goal well and led the line brilliantly, just what we were hoping from him when he signed

El Abd 7 - Much more comfortable in a back 4, Cotts please take note!!

Williams 7 - Solid. Good to see he can do a job at LB as well as CB if needed.

Baldock 9 - Mom. Had so much more space to run at defenders out wide, caused havoc all game. As well as I've seen him play.

Pack 9 - Read the game exceptionally, lost count of the number of interceptions and second balls he won.

Elliott 8 - Much improved on Carlisle game. Can definitely do a job for us based on that.

Cunningham 8 - Was everywhere today, him and Williams did a job on their winger and he was like a winger himself when we attacked

JET 8 - Back to what we know he can do. Linked up play, beat people, deserved a goal.

Barnett 7 - Took his goal well. Thought he maybe could've held it up better but always gave their defense something to think about.

Based on tonight we are staying up, build on this over the next few weeks and it's happy days!

Interesting to read both Flint and Baldrick get 9 from you two. Rare that two disparate assessors would rate players the same - and so high - thereby making me feel they both DID have a good game.

Possibly Flint's kind of game? Less of the ball zipping about on a nice even turf, more swirling around in his tattoos. I like the bloke, he's the one and only who will chase a ball when it goes out of play and we're losing, one of the very few to make a concerted effort to applaud the fans no matter the result and knows his limitations and is trying to play accordingly. Pleased he's putting it in at the right end after Brentford. 

I'm still concerned about Baldrick playing right wing, the 3 pts last night notwithstanding. He's a striker and although he may have had space last night he's the most natural and clinical finisher we have, even given his poor success rate of 1v1s etc. Glad to see him on the scoresheet again.

I'm amazed, I was under the impression from the comments on here that almost every member of our squad was only fit for League 2 at best, and those who were good enough were lazy and disinterested.

I hope the OP's description of them isn't just a "big game" effort like some sort of FA Cup display.

Er, isn't that just SOME people's opinions?!!

Archived