IGNORED

How's The Football Under Sc?

SecretSam

Am having one of my rare visits to AG this weekend, taking my lad to his first home game (he's been to an away game)

How's the football under SC?  Not seen the lads since he's been in charge.  Is the footie as bad as we feared, or acceptable given our circumstances?  

Great result last night!  Really looking forward to Saturday

Am having one of my rare visits to AG this weekend, taking my lad to his first home game (he's been to an away game)

How's the football under SC?  Not seen the lads since he's been in charge.  Is the footie as bad as we feared, or acceptable given our circumstances?  

Great result last night!  Really looking forward to Saturday

Mostly terrible, but we tend to have a spell in every game of unrelenting pressure in which we often score. 

Slightly harsh. The conditions play there part on how team play.

I didn't go last night but the last time we won and without doubt deserved to was Stevenage in December. Winless in January. I want to boys to do well but with so many teams with games in hand 17th is a false position and we all need to keep our feet on the ground and take it one game at a time.

I don't think the football has been that bad, not hoofball as were were expecting. Silly errors have cost, individual mistakes that other teams have punished. We have looked to go forward mainly, not playing it around the back 4 for 20 minutes. Sometimes pressing forward in numbers have cost as as other teams have exploited holes or made a quick break. We have had loads of chances and not put them away which have cost us too, but at least we are having them.

But you never know which Bristol City will turn up, sometimes they play as they don't know each other, other times they can play well but usually still not get the points. The result last night will be a boost for them, onwards and upwards!

Mostly terrible, but we tend to have a spell in every game of unrelenting pressure in which we often score.

Terrible is what we were playing 3 months ago. It's been improving with some aberrations, some poor results & performances recently. But we were solid up at Oldham on Saturday and played some really good stuff last night.

Certainly more effective than under O'Driscoll and, to me at least, surprisingly cultured.

I was worried we'd get P**is style kick and rush under Cotterill but, up to now, we haven't. He's leant the lesson about fancy formations, and we're getting 4-4-2 / 4-3-3, which the players understand. He's buiding on the basics that O'Driscoll drummed into the players, and I like the result.

I expected more motivation and better rapport with the fans, and we're definitely getting that. How it works out in the long run, time will tell.

Slightly harsh. The conditions play there part on how team play.

Definitely not harsh. We have been atrocious this season and as this poster said - moments where we have looked capable have been heavily outweighed by poor dispalys.

I'll be very happy if performances are starting to improve but without getting carried away, i suspect we'll need to be more consistent to turn the season around

Definitely not harsh. We have been atrocious this season and as this poster said - moments where we have looked capable have been heavily outweighed by poor dispalys.

I actually couldn't care less now. If we play ugly and stay up then so be it.

My view on play is.

- Pass with purpose. Not around the back for 15 mins like SOD did.

- Not hoofball as expected. There's the rare cross field pass from flint to baldock which can be 50/50

- We tend to go completely stale for a 20 minute period in the first half.

- Players seem to understand where they are meant to play.

- Will try try and try but often quality will not backup the effort.

he was only an "unpopular idiot" with unpopular idiots :disapointed2se:

He was unpopular with literally everyone and he brought us awful football, took us down and left us in the relegation zone of this tinpot league.

He was an unpopular idiot and rightly so.

I know I cheered when he was removed. Best thing that has happened to us this season.

Don't rise to it, ATB. They'll be slagging off Cotterill in six months. It's where they get their buzz.

I will criticise where it warranted.

The football and results under him were atrocious.

We are a far better side to watch under Cotterill.

To have a lady who has worked at the club for decades say "He was a horrible arrogant man who nobody liked" then to have Lansdown speak pretty poorly about him at Bradford - well seems it was pretty universal!

He was unpopular with literally everyone and he brought us awful football, took us down and left us in the relegation zone of this tinpot league.

He was an unpopular idiot and rightly so.

I know I cheered when he was removed. Best thing that has happened to us this season.

you're talking Redox :igiveup:

i'm saying nothing more on the subject 

Fine, we will agree to hold our differing views.

Mine is based on some of the worst whooshball I have seen in years and relegation + relegation zone L1 football.

His year will be remembered as utter tosh.

I was sceptical on SC but he's been a great surprise. Real breath of fresh air and he's getting us out of the mess he inherited!

There is nothing wrong with being a bit more direct at times. Our first goal last night was direct in that it was two passes from winning the ball on the edge of the area to scoring however they were both quality passes and allowed us to catch the opposition out as they were backtracking towards goal. It was a good quality but somewhat direct goal.

I feel for the most part (but certainly not all the time) we look like a more effective attacking unit who look to pass the ball forwards but do so with more purpose and speed than previously. We have few players who can beat a man one on one or play a killer through ball in a tight spot therefore the most realistic chance we have of scoring is to get the ball forward more quickly when we win it before the opposition can organise themselves that way we can exploit gaps.

Previously we were looking to play our way through slowly but didn't have the requisite movement in front of the ball or the quality of player on the ball to pull an organised defence out of position.

I think we are playing a more attractive and effective style of football which is far more likely to win us games. We still need to address the problem of conceding goals which are as much, if not more, of our own doing than the oppositions. Hopefully once SC has had enough time to fully evaluate the squad and the options available he will be able to determine which set up will make us more solid at the back as well.

A 100% improvement on the SOD era, we still concede goals but we created chances and score goals at a much faster tempo. Don't listen to all the doom and gloom merchants, they all said that Tony Pullis was rubbish but has been successful with two premiership clubs, so they know nothing. Enjoy the game and be part of the revival COYREDS!!!

Archived