IGNORED

Interesting Article On Attacking Stats In Football

LondonBristolian

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/2483/9163289/Attacking-stats-require-context

Key points

*Even Premier League players generally only find their target with 1 out of 5 crosses.

*Even Eden Hazard only manages to complete about 60% of his dribbles.  Anything above 50% is a decent return.

*Even Premier League strikers only have about 38% shot accuracy.  Even Luis Suarez misses more shots than he gets on target.

With our tendency to criticise players like JET for losing the ball,  past wingers like Bolasie and Adomah for poor crossing or strikers like Baldock for missing lots of chances, it's perhaps a decent reminder that maybe, just maybe, we're expecting too much...

I agree, with the exception of one on ones. As a striker these should be bread and butter and I'd expect 1 in 3 at the very least to be converted. More like 1 in 2. I like Baldock but he's missed too many this season. Overall our attacking and goal scoring has been alright (thanks JET) but the defending has been the problem

Weak midfield and Individual defensive Errors have cost us about 20 points this season (I am being a bit picky about easily avoidable goals)

But we seem to have found something in recent games and have kept the amount we concede down

Archived