where's the joy

1 dont insult the ref

2 dont pretend to be hurt

3 if hurt ignore it unless you can't walk or breathe

4 accept bad decisions and get revenge later

5 get revenge where the ref can't see you. NB this is most important

6 form a guard of honour to clap your opponents off at the end of the game

7 behave like men, not silly boys

8 laugh at divers and cheats and then get revenge later, but refer to no 5 above

9 create the belief that Bristol City's ground, AG or AV, is the toughest, meanest place to play

10 keep trying to the final whistle

11 raise the standards of sportsmanship to a new level and show all other football teams 'our way'

optional point no 12 get chico flores to admit he's a cheating ****, and could get andy carroll's red card rescinded if he spoke up but remember point no 5 would come into play if swansea were to play against us

1 dont insult the ref

2 dont pretend to be hurt

3 if hurt ignore it unless you can't walk or breathe

4 accept bad decisions and get revenge later

5 get revenge where the ref can't see you. NB this is most important

6 form a guard of honour to clap your opponents off at the end of the game

7 behave like men, not silly boys

8 laugh at divers and cheats and then get revenge later, but refer to no 5 above

9 create the belief that Bristol City's ground, AG or AV, is the toughest, meanest place to play

10 keep trying to the final whistle

11 raise the standards of sportsmanship to a new level and show all other football teams 'our way'

optional point no 12 get chico flores to admit he's a cheating ****, and could get andy carroll's red card rescinded if he spoke up but remember point no 5 would come into play if swansea were to play against us

You never mentioned " only the players to hit seven bells out of each other " and not the fans

I've just had a look on the Bristol rugbymessage board to see how the safe standing went down with them and noticed there is still a Bris supporter banging on about BLUE and WHITE seats at AG! What part of 'the seats will be red' doesn't he get FFS? Blue and white seats at Ashton Gate? We'd never hear the end of it!

• What happens on the pitch stays on the pitch - all mates afterwards (I recall having a full-blown boxing match with a Welsh lad in my rugby days, then shaking hands and having a natter after...)
  • If you're going to hit someone, really ?hit them - no handbags allowed (see above)

On a serious note, I totally agree with all points about respecting the officials - if a rugby ref was in charge of the average football game, it would be five-a-side by half time...Rooney, for example, would last about 5 minutes a game before getting ordered off

• What happens on the pitch stays on the pitch - all mates afterwards (I recall having a full-blown boxing match with a Welsh lad in my rugby days, then shaking hands and having a natter after...)
  • If you're going to hit someone, really ?hit them - no handbags allowed (see above)

On a serious note, I totally agree with all points about respecting the officials - if a rugby ref was in charge of the average football game, it would be five-a-side by half time...Rooney, for example, would last about 5 minutes a game before getting ordered off

Not for long though. After a few weeks of pain and constant whining with games ending up 9 v 10 even Football Managers would eventually have the sense to tell their players to shut up. But football doesn't seem to want to get it's own house in order - take the 10 yard rule that was introduced a few seasons back for mouthing off and subsequently binned after complaints that moving the ball forward could be a disadvantage on a free kick. Instead of modifying the rule to say you can move the ball "a maximum of 10 yards IN ANY DIRECTION IF YOU WANT TO" the authorities binned the rule altogether. Typical of the way football is run.

Not for long though. After a few weeks of pain and constant whining with games ending up 9 v 10 even Football Managers would eventually have the sense to tell their players to shut up. But football doesn't seem to want to get it's own house in order - take the 10 yard rule that was introduced a few seasons back for mouthing off and subsequently binned after complaints that moving the ball forward could be a disadvantage on a free kick. Instead of modifying the rule to say you can move the ball "a maximum of 10 yards IN ANY DIRECTION IF YOU WANT TO" the authorities binned the rule altogether. Typical of the way football is run.

Spot on. They've no clue or interest in reigning in the near constant mouthing off that goes on. The likes of Rooney and Wilshere wouldn't last five minutes if referees were given the respect and power that they deserve by the FA/PL.

take a look at the throw in appeals by both sides today.

or the shot by a howitzer only to get up again after the opposite player has been booked school of acting.

i would love football to be described as a mans game and see an end for instance, to those choreographed celebrations after scoring.

if we are leading the way on safe standing , lets lead the revolution on football the bristol city way

Archived