IGNORED

Let Down And Going Down

old_eastender

I felt before the Orient game that we were looking odds on for relegation, then was given fresh hope by what was by all accounts our best display of the season (I was not there). So to today, and Cotts does what we all wanted in naming an unchanged team and yet we are back to slow ponderous play, nervous defending, absolutely no midfied bite whatsoever.

I'm sorry unless Cotts can bring in a midfield general, (not a waste of space like W.Elliot), who can get us playing with more tempo and actually tackling opposition runners, we are doomed.

Oh and if he had the balls he should drop El Bad, move Osbourne back to centre half and play Moloney RB - won't happen though.

Sad days.

Thought Wade Elliott had a decent game alongside Pack today, not sure he deserves the waste of space comment. El-Abd was no where near as bad as he had been recently, bar being caught for pace in the first half he was solid if unspectacular. But we do love a scapegoat don't we!!!

I felt before the Orient game that we were looking odds on for relegation, then was given fresh hope by what was by all accounts our best display of the season (I was not there). So to today, and Cotts does what we all wanted in naming an unchanged team and yet we are back to slow ponderous play, nervous defending, absolutely no midfied bite whatsoever.I'm sorry unless Cotts can bring in a midfield general, (not a waste of space like W.Elliot), who can get us playing with more tempo and actually tackling opposition runners, we are doomed.Oh and if he had the balls he should drop El Bad, move Osbourne back to centre half and play Moloney RB - won't happen though.Sad days.

disagree with pretty much all of your post.

Has Baldock been playing a different role of late? Oldham he appeared to be more of a winger, Barnett appears to have played the upfront role which has allowed Baldock to be free in the way he plays is how I've understood it from the Oldham game/listening to one or two others.

Formation is a bit 'out there' but maybe a side like

.................................Moore

Moloney.....Osborne............Flint..........Cunningham

................W.Elliott.....Pack......Reid

.............Baldock..........................JET

................................Barnett

Baldock and JET both able to drift wider if need be, Cunningham and Moloney do get forward too. Elliott has had some decent reviews last couple of games with how he has linked with Pack (admittedly I thought he was crap at Oldham when he came on) Reid to provide impetus from CM's going forward while Pack cleans things up and starts moves.

Baldock appears to have been in good form playing just behind Barnett who collects long balls, if he can do this and bring JET/Baldock into play then great. 

There wasn't a great deal wrong today and there weren't many bad performances.  Wade Elliot put in a decent shift alongside Pack.  He knows how and when to shift the ball around at the right time.  I quite like him, but, as is often the case on here, unless a player runs around at 100mph per game he can't be doing much,  Where we failed today was in the poor performance by JET.  We still over rely on him and when he has an off day we struggle.  Oh yes, Barnett, aside from being decent in the air, was dreadful.

There wasn't a great deal wrong today and there weren't many bad performances.  Wade Elliot put in a decent shift alongside Pack.  He knows how and when to shift the ball around at the right time.  I quite like him, but, as is often the case on here, unless a player runs around at 100mph per game he can't be doing much,  Where we failed today was in the poor performance by JET.  We still over rely on him and when he has an off day we struggle.  Oh yes, Barnett, aside from being decent in the air, was dreadful.

A very accurate summation.  Also, can't remember us having one corner today

I felt before the Orient game that we were looking odds on for relegation, then was given fresh hope by what was by all accounts our best display of the season (I was not there). So to today, and Cotts does what we all wanted in naming an unchanged team and yet we are back to slow ponderous play, nervous defending, absolutely no midfied bite whatsoever.

I'm sorry unless Cotts can bring in a midfield general, (not a waste of space like W.Elliot), who can get us playing with more tempo and actually tackling opposition runners, we are doomed.

Oh and if he had the balls he should drop El Bad, move Osbourne back to centre half and play Moloney RB - won't happen though.

Sad days.

Get a grip..

I wouldn't change that back 4. Looked decent to me.

Jet was poor, looked very tired to me.

Burns looked lively. Full backs were good. Baldock was committed.

The midfield lacked ideas and passion whereas there guys bossed it.

I wouldn't change that back 4. Looked decent to me.

Jet was poor, looked very tired to me.

Burns looked lively. Full backs were good. Baldock was committed.

The midfield lacked ideas and passion whereas there guys bossed it.

They didn't lack passion they lacked forward moment

Has Baldock been playing a different role of late? Oldham he appeared to be more of a winger, Barnett appears to have played the upfront role which has allowed Baldock to be free in the way he plays is how I've understood it from the Oldham game/listening to one or two others.

Formation is a bit 'out there' but maybe a side like

.................................Moore

Moloney.....Osborne............Flint..........Cunningham

................W.Elliott.....Pack......Reid

.............Baldock..........................JET

................................Barnett

Baldock and JET both able to drift wider if need be, Cunningham and Moloney do get forward too. Elliott has had some decent reviews last couple of games with how he has linked with Pack (admittedly I thought he was crap at Oldham when he came on) Reid to provide impetus from CM's going forward while Pack cleans things up and starts moves.

Baldock appears to have been in good form playing just behind Barnett who collects long balls, if he can do this and bring JET/Baldock into play then great.

Did you actually watch todays game ?

What on this mortal earth have you seen in Barnets performances to date to merit the role you suggest bestowing on him.?

Today his performance above all others was the most dissapointing for me.

Archived