IGNORED

Message To The Players

Drew Peacock

Think if you've conceeded an advantageous position it seems harsh to have the ball played back to the other end of the pitch. But what can you do? Hopefully they even themselves up.

Think it should be the ref's call to stop play though. The authority shouldn't be assumed by whoever happens to be in possession at the time.

I know it is.

It shouldn't be. In my opinion.

As much as I agree there should be more drop balls contested, if this happened in this circumstance yesterday and we had lost the 50/50 and they broke away and scored, you would be going mad they hadnt given the ball back directly to us.

Think there should be some comprise where the ball is put out for a throwing on the half way line rather than going back to the keeper.

I was actually thinking about this at the time.

In the end I would be happy with contesting for the ball every time.

I would certainly never give the ball back when the oppo have kicked it out so their player could receive treatment, and don't expect the opp to do the same, especially these days when half the injuries are exaggerated/feined. Obviously in circumstances where there an obvious very serious non-head injury then get your player to put the ball out.

What really grinds my gears is when there own player is down and teams continue an attack then lose the ball and suddenly the opposition are expected to put the ball out. Utter tosssers, including any fans who expect this to happen.

Archived