IGNORED

Pain After Broken Wrist - Help?

Aizoon

I was in plaster for 12 weeks after breaking my scaphoid bone. They took this off on Feb 4th, and my hand swelled up, but is now back to its normal size.

I'm still in quite a bit of pain, though. Anyone know how long this might last?

The online information from the NHS talks about "discomfort", which I guess means "pain happening to someone else" ;)

I was in plaster for 12 weeks after breaking my scaphoid bone. They took this off on Feb 4th, and my hand swelled up, but is now back to its normal size.

The online information from the NHS talks about "discomfort", which I guess means "pain happening to someone else" ;)

Ever pushed a water melon throufh a letter box?

Grow a pair!

Thought I'd get that on in for the ladies! :)

To answer, as long as you keep doing things with that wrist that a man of your age shouldn't be doing!

Ps I haven't got a clue. Hope its feeling better soon.

Ever pushed a water melon throufh a letter box?

Grow a pair!

Thought I'd get that on in for the ladies! :)

To answer, as long as you keep doing things with that wrist that a man of your age shouldn't be doing!

Ps I haven't got a clue. Hope its feeling better soon.

Thanks. I wouldn't dream of doing bad things with my left hand - I'm right-handed ;)

I broke my scaphoid playing football 3 years ago, it hurt quite a bit and for about 6 months after having the cast off, it was an on and off aching type pain. The main thing I was told was to do wrist exercises due to the limited blood supply to the bone and this would increase the blood supply and aid recovery. This seemed to help and after about 6 months the pain went fully. They said if it still hurts its best to go back and have another scan.

It still hurts now when I fall on it but in general it took around 6 months for it to feel normal again.

I broke my scaphoid playing football 3 years ago, it hurt quite a bit and for about 6 months after having the cast off, it was an on and off aching type pain. The main thing I was told was to do wrist exercises due to the limited blood supply to the bone and this would increase the blood supply and aid recovery. This seemed to help and after about 6 months the pain went fully. They said if it still hurts its best to go back and have another scan.

It still hurts now when I fall on it but in general it took around 6 months for it to feel normal again.

Thanks, bcfczd. That seems to fit with my experience. I've found that it helps to do the washing up in deep hot soapy water, but for God's sake don't tell my wife!

As to the wrist exercises, maybe I should ignore TRL's advice about my sex life ;)

Bad news really Aiz because it can hurt for absolute yonks.

I fractured a bone in my neck when I was circa 15 and to this day (I am now a tad older by some 39 years) it still bloody hurts on the odd occasion.

Tried putting my head in with the dishes but that didn't really work although my hair did stay nice and clean and sparkly.

Bad news really Aiz because it can hurt for absolute yonks.

I fractured a bone in my neck when I was circa 15 and to this day (I am now a tad older by some 39 years) it still bloody hurts on the odd occasion.

Tried putting my head in with the dishes but that didn't really work although my hair did stay nice and clean and sparkly.

Thanks for that cheering news, Tone :(

I doubt that I need worry about how my wrist is in 39 years' time, though ;)

I won't. But can she understand hedgehog?

Horace is shifty. Never trusted him!!

Ah, but Horace can be bribed to silence. I have a supply of candied slugs.

Seriously, guys, thanks for the advice. I just have to get cidered up and bear it ;)

Archived