IGNORED

A Question For Mr Nogbad The Bad Re This Saturday...

...according to you Norse mob and your mythology, this Saturday is down to be the end of the world. Something called "Ragnarok," apparently. It's all bloody Greek to me. Can you confirm or deny please Nog, as it might influence my decision as to whether to travel to Sheffield this weekend. Only I'd really rather be in Somerset, not bloody Yorkshire, if the end really is nigh. If you are going and Nog and his Norse pals are bang-on, you might want to ask for a one-way ticket; and bugger it, if you're on Cats, take some cans and go out in style.

And I think Mr Cotterill should be informed, too, as he might want to bear this in mind as he chooses his tactics and formation (to hell with it, go for 2-3-5, including a front five of Bryan, Jet, Baldock, Reid and Burns). I guess it really is a must-win game if it's the last one, ever (did we win our first, or let in a late equaliser to a chorus of abuse?)

If Nog is unavailable to comment, I wonder if Leroy Rosenor can throw any light on this?

Festival director Danielle Daglan said: "Ragnarok is the ultimate landmark in Viking mythology, when the gods fall and die, so this really is an event that should not be underestimated."Believers say that when the fateful day arrives Earth will split open, unleashing the inhabitants of Hel.'Norsemen' from across the UK and further afield are converging on the historic Yorkshire town as Ragnarok, the final bloody battle predicted in Norse mythology approaches on February 22.

Clearly a reference to their home form, and what might be their forthcoming cup derby. A bloody time would not go amiss! Fancy being 3-0 ahead and the game is abandoned for the end of the world. Would just be our luck!

...according to you Norse mob and your mythology, this Saturday is down to be the end of the world. Something called "Ragnarok," apparently. It's all bloody Greek to me. Can you confirm or deny please Nog, as it might influence my decision as to whether to travel to Sheffield this weekend. Only I'd really rather be in Somerset, not bloody Yorkshire, if the end really is nigh. If you are going and Nog and his Norse pals are bang-on, you might want to ask for a one-way ticket; and bugger it, if you're on Cats, take some cans and go out in style.

And I think Mr Cotterill should be informed, too, as he might want to bear this in mind as he chooses his tactics and formation (to hell with it, go for 2-3-5, including a front five of Bryan, Jet, Baldock, Reid and Burns). I guess it really is a must-win game if it's the last one, ever (did we win our first, or let in a late equaliser to a chorus of abuse?)

If Nog is unavailable to comment, I wonder if Leroy Rosenor can throw any light on this?

You've no need to worry Les, it's not going to be the end of the world but it's going to feel like it for Clough and his bunch of bedraggled LOSERS when the mighty BCFC smash 5 past them.

I really don't think there's any more to it than that.

On the subject of Ragnar, you might remember he ended up getting devoured in a pit of wolves (yes, that's right, like us every time we go to Molineux), something to do with Tony Curtis, who quite rightly had his hand chopped off soon afterwards, although his arm remained surprisingly long. 

Make of that what you will, but It seems to me this all augurs very well for a thumping City victory on Saturday, and I'd make every effort to get there if I was you.

Mr Rosenior is reluctant to comment on this issue due to a tendancy in the recent past to jump to rash illinformed conclusions & opinions which have not been well received by the rather better informed judgements of his public audiences.

The issue raised here appears rather contentious & dangerous to say the least, so, to say the least seems to be the best option for LR at this time.

He intends to play this one safe by saying nothing until Sunday of next week when the issue of whether the World still exists may be slightly clearer.

For the time being LR wishes not to stand up to be counted & feels sitting on the fence to be a good course of action for now, albeit the fence will be removed for safety reasons. This is because LR's nighttime reading has revealed the potential peril of fence sitting, the tragic hero of his book was actually sat on a wall but the perceptive Mr Rosenior has noted similarities between walls and fences and decided the fate of Mr Dumpty is not something LR wishes to risk for himself.

LR will instead sit in relatve safety in a well upholstered low armchair (casters removed of course, afterall,cant be too careful in case of accidents & prevention being better than cure etc) while anxiously awaiting next Sundays sunrise.... fingers crossed :fingerscrossed: .  

You've no need to worry Les, it's not going to be the end of the world but it's going to feel like it for Clough and his bunch of bedraggled LOSERS when the mighty BCFC smash 5 past them.

I really don't think there's any more to it than that.

On the subject of Ragnar, you might remember he ended up getting devoured in a pit of wolves (yes, that's right, like us every time we go to Molineux), something to do with Tony Curtis, who quite rightly had his hand chopped off soon afterwards, although his arm remained surprisingly long. 

Make of that what you will, but It seems to me this all augurs very well for a thumping City victory on Saturday, and I'd make every effort to get there if I was you.

Thanks for that, Nog, but I'm not going anywhere until I hear what Leroy has to say about this. By the way, you say we will "smash five past" Sheff U, but you neglect to mention how many they will "smash past" us. A draw, you reckon?

I had heard the same thing Les. Apparently the world will end at 4:55pm on Saturday. The BBC have said that they will have a full report in their 6 o'clock bulletin.

Archived