IGNORED

Untitled

bcfcnick

He must be one of the lowest profile DOF's with no interview or media comment since he has been here.

It would be interesting to know what players he has specifically identified and also how his role has changed if at all under SC.    SC strikes me as very much his own man who will identify player targets.

I can't say I am over impressed although perhaps I am being harsh here. Because there is no indication from him or the Club about what he does it's hard to assess. Williams has been a good recruit and Wynter looked highly promising as well when given the chance.  There hasn't been any overseas young player recruitment and a fair proportion of recruitment has been Nottingham Forest players.  That might be because of SOD's links but, superficially at least,  it doesn't suggest KB has a wide radar.  Obviously he is limited by funds, salary cap and some inherited high Championship salaried players.

Behind the scenes the most promising structural change for me has been the recruitment of Brian Tinnion and his recruitment of the young Spanish coach.   Perhaps Keith Burt is doing some excellent ground work for the future but it would be useful for supporters to have some insight one what he does and the contribution he makes on day to day issues and future recruitment.    If he is just doing the paper work for SC's ideas then I doubt if he is proving good value.

When SC arrived JL said that the change from having a "head coach" to a "manager" was non-existent and that it was "just a job title". So, we were led to believe that there was no structural change.

The reality does seem to be different with SC confirming at the Q & A that basically it would now be HIM identifying players and Burt seemingly acting as his head scout as opposed to leading recruitment.

SC is much more of a hands-on manager who likes control over nearly everything at the club (not neccessarily a bad thing before I get jumped on) and so I agree it is difficult to see a Director of football surviving whilst he is here.

As for Burt's signings, well the likes of Williams, Wagstaff, Osborne have done well but then Flint, Wynter not so. You're always going to get a mixed bag. I think JET and Pack were both ones SOD pushed for. I'd agree his "network" has been a little disappointing but at the same time like you say he has had some pretty big restraints and has had to work in a time of great change at the club.

I also agree Tinnion is working his nuts off finding the next best young prospects and hopefully will see some more movement on that in the summer because the u21s and u18s need strengthening and they will dictate how good the first team is in a few years IF we stick to "The Plan"!

Archived