IGNORED

When Will It Be Our Time Again?!

Big Red Rich

Does anyone else just feel like all of these moments seem like a lifetime ago?! Can anybody really see us enjoying these sorts of experiences again soon??? If nothing else it is proper depressing seeing these images knowing where we are as a club at the moment.....:still I guess you have to experience the bad times to know what the good are like, something Manure fans are experiencing in reverse!!!!!

post-81-0-04075700-1392813554_thumb.jpg

post-81-0-86372700-1392814036.jpg

post-81-0-72797500-1392814053_thumb.jpg

post-81-0-49549700-1392814072.jpg

post-81-0-01653300-1392814089.jpg

post-81-0-61869400-1392814103_thumb.jpg

post-81-0-70915900-1392814115_thumb.jpg

Can easily be next year if we stay up and we scout the right players..

A few weeks back I posted an analysis comparing the current position to that of Gary Johnson's team in 05/06. It was incredibly similar in terms of points, position and number of top teams faced, though Johnson was slightly in front.

As we know, Johnson took that side to a safe top half finish followed by promotion and a play-off final.

I'm not saying it will happen again. Cotterill isn't Johnson and the players and leagues are different. But it very clearly could happen.

When will we see good times again? -

I am tempted to say when we have supporters who deserve it but that could mean it is some kind of "Karma" thing which it aint ..

But there is no doubt good understanding loyal support goes a long way in helping a club be successful as opposed to when "supporters" constantly question or condemn or complain and pick on out of form players which clearly does not help.... especially when a large number doing it do not even go to games....

This is not our lowest ebb, not by a long, long chalk.  Nor are those highlighted "highs" actually that high - apart from the potential glory in the PO Final against Hull.

Let's be honest, we have a long and distinguished history of being one of football's "making up the numbers" clubs...

I am tempted to say when we have supporters who deserve it but that could mean it is some kind of "Karma" thing which it aint ..

But there is no doubt good understanding loyal support goes a long way in helping a club be successful as opposed to when "supporters" constantly question or condemn or complain and pick on out of form players which clearly does not help.... especially when a large number doing it do not even go to games....

This happens at every club, all across the country on every forum/radio station/ media outlets when a team isn't doing well, I'm not really sure what you expect us, the fans to say when we keep seeing players through the door of our club underperform, take their stupidly high wages and leave?? Of course they'll get criticised and rightly so.

And blaming the supporters for this mess, we still get the 4th highest home attendances behind some big clubs like Sheff Utd and Wolves, the support is there, the players aren't.

Hmmm, inclined to agree with the general tone of this. However, constructive criticism, questioning of poor decisions and generally voicing an opinion about the many aspects of the club and the game is exactly what makes football such a fascinating and drug-like sport. It's the opinions and analysis that makes the game all the more interesting for many fans. Not just the camaraderie of meeting at the Gate or getting pissed up and aggressive about it...

There would be no point in having a forum like this one if we are expected to have the same happy clappy viewpoints now wouldn't it?

Some of the critiques you hear both on here and at the Gate are mind-numbing, pointless and illogical... Some are perfectly valid. That's the beauty of football and it's the same at every other club in the land.

What I find genuinely incredible is that Bristol City hasn't won a league championship since 1956 and that was the Third Division (South). It's no wonder there's a fair bit of angst within Bristol City's fan base.

I think most lower league fans can relate because for every amazing moment, there's double/triple the toil.

In a weird sort of way we all love it otherwise we'd be all wearing Premier League shirts bemoaning our 5th place and dreaded Europa League spot. 

*Shudder*

Does anyone else just feel like all of these moments seem like a lifetime ago?! Can anybody really see us enjoying these sorts of experiences again soon??? If nothing else it is proper depressing seeing these images knowing where we are as a club at the moment.....:still I guess you have to experience the bad times to know what the good are like, something Manure fans are experiencing in reverse!!!!!

Oi for some of those moments, it was a lifetime ago for some of us. I missed the Liverpool game by 5 months. 

We need to send a scout to Iceland and sign Gary Martin in the summer. He is very prolific and scores blinders, he wouldn't be expensive but I reckon he could do a job in the premier league and he's only young and I would be very surprised if he wasn't playing in England next year and reckon he would bag 25/30 in League one easy. Prob only cost us 250/500K and would be an absolute bargain.

But there is no doubt good understanding loyal support goes a long way in helping a club be successful as opposed to when "supporters" constantly question or condemn or complain and pick on out of form players which clearly does not help.... especially when a large number doing it do not even go to games....

What makes us any different to fans of other clubs? Look at the forum of any team thats currently having a poor season and youll see exactly the same sort of thing. I fundamentally disagree with this whole "blame the fans" mentality and I actually find it disrespectful to the thousands that give up a ton of money and time to support the team.

Anyway, chin up guys. Every dog had its day and the good times will definitely come again. For that to happen though, we need some leadership and vision, something thats severely lacking. I dont think Cotterill is the man to take us forward either.

We need to send a scout to Iceland and sign Gary Martin in the summer. He is very prolific and scores blinders, he wouldn't be expensive but I reckon he could do a job in the premier league and he's only young and I would be very surprised if he wasn't playing in England next year and reckon he would bag 25/30 in League one easy. Prob only cost us 250/500K and would be an absolute bargain.

I've seen games in Iceland, many of their players wouldn't look out of place at Clevedon.

What we really need to do is send scouts to watch Premiership reserve games, look at Patrick Bamford at Mk dons. I know it's on loan but it's affective

Archived