IGNORED

Outraged! Briz Clearly Taking The Pizz....

Mad Cyril

So there I am thinking why dont I take up that very nice free ticket offer to watch Bristol rugby? I make the call and request my tickets no problem. And that is where things start to take a nasty turn.

1. My tickets turn up smoothly at my home address and they even spell my name right.

2. The tickets are for a safe standing terrace

3. To cap it all, they even include bloody food vouchers. For pasties too!

Who the hell do these people think they are? Mocking us with their efficiency, choice to stand legally and then really rubbing it in with an ability to print and distribute ruddy food vouchers?

I am sorry but our new tenants are going to have to calm down and start towing the line if they want to avoid a lot of trouble and anger next season.

I went to their website to find an address to send a strongly worded letter to, and to rub salt in the wound, I was horrified to discover they have training wear for sale. Training wear! Who the hell do they think they are?

So Briz Rugby, you can stick your standing and warm lucious discounted pasties, along with your promotion chasing form. It wont wash at Ashton Gate.

yours, seething.

Cyril.

So there I am thinking why dont I take up that very nice free ticket offer to watch Bristol rugby? I make the call and request my tickets no problem. And that is where things start to take a nasty turn.

1. My tickets turn up smoothly at my home address and they even spell my name right.

Who the hell do these people think they are? Mocking us with their efficiency, choice to stand legally and then really rubbing it in with an ability to print and distribute ruddy food vouchers?

I am sorry but our new tenants are going to have to calm down and start towing the line if they want to avoid a lot of trouble and anger next season.

I went to their website to find an address to send a strongly worded letter to, and to rub salt in the wound, I was horrified to discover they have training wear for sale. Training wear! Who the hell do they think they are?

So Briz Rugby, you can stick your standing and warm lucious discounted pasties, along with your promotion chasing form. It wont wash at Ashton Gate.

yours, seething.

Cyril.

To be fair, they only deal with about a quarter of "traffic" that we do.

You should write to That's Life. Maybe they can take it up with the Electricity Board on your behalf.

I have fired off several letters. They were one of the first to say this had nothing to do with them.

Typical of the lack of accountability seen in society these days.

Right. I am starting a petition. We the undersigned are jolly cross indeed about the insensitivity and mockery exhibited to fans of bcfc by Bristol Rugby and all their fancy dan extras available to matchday supporters. We demand an apology, and.....er....other stuff.

Might have to get back to you on the other stuff.

Food vouchers?

I do not believe my gogglin' bins!

I did actually google the mythical concept. Turns out you can exchange them for food instead of using the standard currency as is custom. The other news is that they do actually exist but are yet to be spotted in the BS3 area. Attenborough's on it.

yours, seething.

Cyril.

point of clarity.

They are not city's tenants.

They have an equal stake in the stadium that city used to own exclusively.

now look what happened when Bristol Rugby and Bristol Rovers entered into a simular agreement............

To be fair, they only deal with about a quarter of "traffic" that we do.

Actually, that word "traffic" sums it up. It is not a honking, stinking, dangerous nuisance.

It is the loyal fans, the ones who care about the club, and the ones that it is all supposed to be about - isn't it?

Rare experience for me today, watched a bit of rugby on tv, Scots/Italy & Eng/Ire ... surprisingly exciting, crowd genuinely enjoying their matchday experience. Many were enjoying a relaxing pint. It looked like a bloody good day out.

Will always be 'City' but tbh falling further out of love with the pro-football game (industry) the whole thing just aint what it used to be.... will never go to the Mem but when Bristol rugby arrives at the Gate, I'm seriously thinking of giving the men with odd shaped balls a go.

Dont know prices etc but its a safe bet it'll be a fair bit cheaper than the cost of frustrating football matches... & didnt think I'd ever think this but I've a feeling it may well be much better entertainment, supporters treated with respect like human beings etc... More I think about it the more I feel like giving it a go.

City will always be number one in body mind and spirit but rugby if its anywhere as good fun for the crowd as the televised Innternationals appeared to be today may just creep into my life... The way football generally seems to be going I dont think I'll be the only one looking for new experiences either.

point of clarity.

They are not city's tenants.

They have an equal stake in the stadium that city used to own exclusively.

now look what happened when Bristol Rugby and Bristol Rovers entered into a simular agreement............

Not true.

The ground.is.owned by Ashton gate stadium Ltd. Ashton gate stadium Ltd is a part of Bristol city holdings.

I can tell you for an absolute certainty that rugby fans will NOT put up with the shit we get from the caterers and security staff.

Here's a thing. I do NOT go to football to eat and I seldom consider eating between 3 and 5pm on any other day of the week, Food at sporting events, is nasty and over-priced simply because it is there to get the most out of a paying public that think they have to eat it, because it is there. Try not eating at sporting events. You might find you survive. Rugby fans, on the other hand, are welcome to eat the security staff if they feel peckish.

Sorry but that's bollocks. The Memorial Swamp does excellent, reasonably priced pasties and coffee. The reason why AG doesn't is simple. BCFC can't be arsed to do a proper job and hires Lindley's, whose remit is to maximise the return to the club at the expense of quality.

Just because you don't want to eat at the ground, doesn't mean the rest of us should put up with shite catering.

Sorry but that's bollocks. The Memorial Swamp does excellent, reasonably priced pasties and coffee. The reason why AG doesn't is simple. BCFC can't be arsed to do a proper job and hires Lindley's, whose remit is to maximise the return to the club at the expense of quality.

Just because you don't want to eat at the ground, doesn't mean the rest of us should put up with shite catering.

I'm just questioning the need for catering. Come on John, you're old enough to remember being sent to football with nowt but a baked potato in your pocket, and you'd had to walk half an hour before you'd even left the farm. I just don't see the need myself. It's just another bit of imported nonsense from the U.S. and is utterly u-s.

AMF

I'm just questioning the need for catering. Come on John, you're old enough to remember being sent to football with nowt but a baked potato in your pocket, and you'd had to walk half an hour before you'd even left the farm. I just don't see the need myself. It's just another bit of imported nonsense from the U.S. and is utterly u-s.

AMF

Simply untrue. One of the delights of travelling to Northern clubs was (I don't travel away much these days) the chance of a decent pie at halftime. It's something that rugby fans (of both codes) take for granted and BCFC is going to have to get its finger out when the egg-chasers arrive at the Gate.

I guess it's different for fans who live next door to the ground. Particularly for evening games, after an hour on Bristol's excellent public transport system, I like a pie before the game or at half time. Not at the Gate, though. I'm told there are people who like to eat shit; I'm not one of them.

I eat at the ground sometimes as I often go straight from work - and the quality is very poor.... shame really, but hey poor hot food is better than nothing. I went Greyhound racing once and they had hot fresh spiced tomato soap with a crusty bread roll for a quid - that was really nice on a cold blustery day

Archived