IGNORED

What Can Bcfc Do? Off The Field That Is.

Aizoon

1. Introduce cash POTD on a couple of turnstiles. You don't need our home and email addresses or our blood group and DNA profiles.

2. Find out who does the pasties and coffee at the Mem and employ them at the Gate.

3. Tell the stewards at the EE to carry out the agreements the club made and stop harassing fans.

4. Stop the stewards frisking 60-year-olds and making disabled pensioners walk the line to prove their sobriety.

5. In general, treat fans like part of the club, not as a necessary nuisance.

It shouldn't cost anything, and points 1 & 2 should bring in more money.

Well, they just might turn up. I'm certainly not getting involved in the two-queue shuffle again :(

If the mood takes me, I might dap down there if I can pay cash at the door.

Anything's possible, after all, who expected a crocodile, a giant hedgehog and an earthquake all in one week?

Put the turnstyles close to the entrance to AG - put some picnic tables, benches, food vendors and a petting zoo inside the newly created space  - renew the pets every week  after fans vent their frustration whilst petting the cute little blighters

Not on the crocodiles, I suspect ;)

But seriously, why not picnic tables and decent food and drink? Make it somewhere that's pleasant to be.

Maybe I'm slanting this in the wrong direction. It's perfectly clear that BCFC PLC doesn't give a monkey's for the fans.

Let's put it differently:

At the moment, City fans are spending as little time as possible in the stadium and spending as little money as possible in the process.The club already has the entrance money, but it could be making money on food and drink. If it was good quality and reasonably priced people would spend their money at the ground rather than spending their money at the nearest supermarket/takeaway. . Time that is spent queuing twice for POTD tickets could be spent spending money in the club shop and spending money at refreshment outlets that would make money for the club PLC.

Does that grab the Board's attention?

Not on the crocodiles, I suspect ;)

But seriously, why not picnic tables and decent food and drink? Make it somewhere that's pleasant to be.

I have thought this for years - put the turnstyles close tot he roads, and make the whole area around the ground a open concourse with a few sheltered places, natch tent, tables, benches, food stands - but lots of open space to mill around in as well - 

As the players are visibly lifted by a large, vocal crowd, I'd like to see a repeat of what we did 2011/12 when we were in the schiess. A late season price drop packed out the games, got a buzz going and resulted in mucho wins.

It may not work - but it's worth a blooody try! Gotta be better then sitting in silence or staying home and whining on this forum.

1. Introduce cash POTD on a couple of turnstiles. You don't need our home and email addresses or our blood group and DNA profiles.

2. Find out who does the pasties and coffee at the Mem and employ them at the Gate.

3. Tell the stewards at the EE to carry out the agreements the club made and stop harassing fans.

4. Stop the stewards frisking 60-year-olds and making disabled pensioners walk the line to prove their sobriety.

5. In general, treat fans like part of the club, not as a necessary nuisance.

It shouldn't cost anything, and points 1 & 2 should bring in more money.

Excellent post, excellent points. It just seems to me that the current custodians of this football club couldn't give a damn about the quality of football on the pitch and the customer service off it.

Excellent post, excellent points. It just seems to me that the current custodians of this football club couldn't give a damn about the quality of football on the pitch and the customer service off it.

That, alas, seems to be the truth. My fear is that, as long as the ST payments keep rolling in, it will continue to be so :(

The club's attitude to fans reminds me of the Dilbert cartoon where his boss admits "I was wrong about employees being our most valuable asset - you're seventh. Paper clips are sixth".

Maybe I'm slanting this in the wrong direction. It's perfectly clear that BCFC PLC doesn't give a monkey's for the fans.

Let's put it differently:

At the moment, City fans are spending as little time as possible in the stadium and spending as little money as possible in the process.The club already has the entrance money, but it could be making money on food and drink. If it was good quality and reasonably priced people would spend their money at the ground rather than spending their money at the nearest supermarket/takeaway. . Time that is spent queuing twice for POTD tickets could be spent spending money in the club shop and spending money at refreshment outlets that would make money for the club PLC.

Does that grab the Board's attention?

The club hierarchy could do with taking a fact finding mission to the USA or even Australia to see what facilities are on offer to the fans. It makes AG (and most UK sporting venues) look primitive in comparison.

Also, why not make it a day out for the fans with maybe an Under 18 or Reserve game on before the main event.

The club hierarchy could do with taking a fact finding mission to the USA or even Australia to see what facilities are on offer to the fans. It makes AG (and most UK sporting venues) look primitive in comparison.

Also, why not make it a day out for the fans with maybe an Under 18 or Reserve game on before the main event.

Play 2 games on the pitch in the same day?  Look at the fuss it caused when the GK wanted to warm up in the goalmouth at half time last week.

All well and good in a warm climate, but I doubt many people would want to sit for 3 hours plus on a cold and rainy January afternoon.

That, alas, seems to be the truth. My fear is that, as long as the ST payments keep rolling in, it will continue to be so :(

The club's attitude to fans reminds me of the Dilbert cartoon where his boss admits "I was wrong about employees being our most valuable asset - you're seventh. Paper clips are sixth".

And what was the most important asset???

Says it all about modern football

Edit: Was it paper clips?

Play 2 games on the pitch in the same day?  Look at the fuss it caused when the GK wanted to warm up in the goalmouth at half time last week.

All well and good in a warm climate, but I doubt many people would want to sit for 3 hours plus on a cold and rainy January afternoon.

Well then maybe only do it during months that you can expect reasonable weather. They do it in Oz in the Rugby League every week (normally 3 games before the main one) and if you've ever been in Sydney or Brisbane during a decent rain storm you will see that it is very possible.

It may seem strange to bang on about this when the team is deep in the brown stuff, but this is precisely the time when we need the supporters onside. Every real team goes through these bad times - it's part of being a football support.

There's no need for fans to be treated like shit by the club. That applies whether we're at the top of the Prem or the bottom of the Conference. It's the bad times when we need to feel it's our club, not another rip-off PLC like every other organisation we deal with in our lives :(

Archived